Doctor Who Roleplaying Game AITAS

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Solariabsg25, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/doctor-who-aitas/

Does anyone else play this game?

I initially bought the Tennant Edition, which my son loves as he has Asperger's he needs something fun but not frustrating.

Now have the Eleventh Doctor edition, along with the UNIT Book, Time Traveller's Companion and First Doctor Book (the latter of which is actually all printed in black-and-white to match the flavour of Hartnell's era!). Hopefully soon will be picking up the other Doctor's books, and looking forward to the future releases.

I was so impressed, I bought the Primevil RPG too.

2. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I want the 10th Doctor version!!!! :)

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've spent more time going over the minutiae of RPG sourcebooks than I ever did getting around to actually playing them. I guess it appeals to me in the same way "Star Trek Technical Manuals" do to some.

4. Solariabsg25

The Tenth Doctor version is still available from ebay and Amazon in the UK, so should still be able to be found from various sources Stateside. The Monsters and Alien Sourcebook is also set in the Ten era, and is unlikely to be up-dated as most monsters are in the main book, or appear in the individual Doctor Sourcebooks.

Failing that, you can wait a couple of years until the Tenth Doctor Sourcebook is out as they're only up to Four, with Five and Six available "soon".

The Time Traveller's Companion gives a great account of the history of the Timelords, and gives a few brief glimpses into the Time War, but not a massive amount, mainly due to the fact that they're not permitted to extrapolate much, and of course it was written before the 50th anniversary. They are very careful in working with BBC Licensing to make sure they don't overstep their bounds (the downfall of the IMHO unsurpassed FASA Star Trek RPG happened when TNG came along and suddenly whatever FASA said in their books mattered).

Torchwood is referenced, but not detailed a huge amount, possibly due to odd licencing rules, and I've not seen any mention of the Sarah-Jane Adventures at all.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I'm the same way. No interest in playing--just the art.

6. Solariabsg25

Have to say it's got some of the best art out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the character card in the Tenth Doctor Edition for a Sybelline Sister is Karen Gillan!

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Now they don't make the spaceship toys anymore, do they? The guys here need to pick them up as miniatures.