The Legend of Korra: Book 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 20, 2013.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Re: The Legend of Korra: Book 3 Trailer

My son and I love this show. Looking forward to Season 3!

:techman:

I didn't see an airdate anywhere....??

2. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Someone on YouTube (I think they got ahold of and watched the leaked episodes in Spanish) said that people have spontaneously developed airbending possibly as a result of Korra opening the spirit portals. And the metalbending city is run by Lin's sister/Toph's daughter. In her youth she got involved in crime, and Lin got her face scars from capturing her.

Producers won't say that until SDCC this year apparently.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Re: The Legend of Korra - Book Three: Change

According to this source, season 3 is set to air in Brazil in September. Based on that, it's being speculated that the U.S. will get it earlier, possibly this summer. One person in the comments section of the linked article suggests that maybe they'll show episode 1 at the San Diego Comic Con and that we'll get an airing soon after. At the very least, it looks like we'll get a release date at Comic Con and a premiere by September, which is what I've been thinking would happen.

Here are the titles for the first six episodes…

3x01: "A Breath of Fresh Air"
    3x02: "Rebirth"
    3x03: "The Earth Queen"
    3x04: "In Harm's Way"
    3x05: "The Metal Clan"
    3x06: "Old Wounds"

From the episode titles, you can see a lot of what appeared in the trailer.

5. Agent Richard07

A person with two elements? I didn't notice that. I've been speculating on a possible change in the nature of bending for a while now and it looks like something along those lines is coming to pass. I'll have to wait to see what direction they actually go in before I comment further though.

As Enterprise1701 said, it looks like it was the harmonic convergence that caused airbending to spontaneously pop up in some people. Will it be temporary? (Somehow I doubt it.) Will it mean the opening up of bending powers or multiple element capabilities for more people? We'll have to wait and see.
    Something also tells me that Korra will be the last avatar due to all the changes and developments we've seen on the show and in the trailer.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not necessarily. There are plenty of non-benders in the Earth Kingdom. One of them could become an airbender and still only have the one element.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

"Earth Queen?" Any chance it's Toph...?

8. Agent Richard07

Doesn't look like it, assuming that this is her. Anything is possible though I suppose.

Decoy?

Ah, I misread RoJo's post. Guess we'll have to wait and see if people can get two elements.

9. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Nope. And according to the YouTuber I referenced earlier,
    this Earth Kingdom ruler, unlike her presumed father or grandfather Kuei, is evil and working with the Dai Li to exploit the people who have newfound airbending.

Oh, and the YouTuber pointed out to me something I didn't notice in the official trailer: the waterbending member of that apparent 4-person criminal squad is missing her arms and waterbends as a substitute.

10. Agent Richard07

Get ready. Book 3 starts next week.

[​IMG]

Two episodes will air on June 27th at 7PM on Nickelodeon. Then there's a third bonus episode at 8PM. I'm not sure if it's the actual third episode or a special. If they were going to air 3 episodes, they should have just said that.

Source

This is rather sudden. I wonder if the leaked episodes have anything to do with the decision to start Book 3 now.

3x01: "A Breath of Fresh Air" After the events of Harmonic Convergence, Avatar Korra discovers that her decision to leave the spirit portals open has unexpected consequences. Wild spirit vines have overgrown Republic City and Airbenders are suddenly popping up across the four nations.

3x02: "Rebirth of a Nation" Korra, Tenzin and Team Avatar search for new Airbenders in an effort to recruit them and rebuild the Air Nation. Meanwhile, a band of sinister criminals are organizing to hunt down the Avatar themselves.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, last season they aired the episodes in weird chunks. Or made them available online? I just remember there being being 4 episodes left and then all of a sudden they were all available at the same time.

12. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It seems weird to me that they would wait until so close to the air date to announce it. Other than that I can't wait!

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

what the hell?! we only get one week's warning?! I can't wait!!!

tvguide.com does not show this on its schedule and it's updated into July 3rd.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Facebook Korra page says three episodes next week. That isn't a lot of time for me to watch season 2.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

No lead time, three episodes at a time, usually not a good sign. Usually when I see that it's burning off the remainder of a show that isn't intended to continue.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

They've already ordered Season 3 and 4.

18. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

A thought about Harmonic Convergence giving the Avatar world more airbenders...
    While Aang having kids was smart, there wasn't enough genetic diversity.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yes, as many have pointed out, Aang should have spread his seed with women across the entire world to repopulate his order :lol:

20. Agent Richard07

They don't need genetic diversity because air benders can reproduce with anyone from all over the world, as Aang did with Katara, not just other air benders.