Star Trek: Audacity

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Sorcery, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's a Lt.Cmdr. For him to have that rank, he would have to be in Starfleet for a while already, probably finishing the Acadamy right before TNG started. Having a Romulan in Starfleet at that moment would have been headline news all the time, since the Romulans only came out of self-imposed exile at the end of season 1 of TNG (late 2364).

So it doesn't really make any sense to have a Romulan in Starfleet with that rank. I mean, look at Star Trek Titan, which begins in 2379, just after Star Trek Nemesis. There's a Cardassian serving on Titan, who is a cadet when the series starts, and becomes an ensign during the series. He started on the Academy right after the war I believe. Now, that makes sense, since Cardassia now has treaties with the Federation. The Romulans don't.

2. Sorcery

Sorcery Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well I don't know how long it takes for someone to get promoted. There's no problem lowering his rank. Thanks for the info Mage!

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're welcome. :) Perhaps you don't have to make him an Starfleet officer at all. Perhaps he's something like an exchange officer, part of a program where the Romulan Empire and the Federation are trying to understand each other better, with a few officers serving in Starfleet, and some Starfleet officers in the Romulan Empire.

4. Sorcery

Even better idea! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how they could get to the Delta Quadrant in less than 30 years?

Lt. Dara, A Felarain (A made up species) informs her crew at a briefing that the Felarai are capable of creating artificial wormholes. for more informations on the Felarai read this:

5. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Somewhat like the Romulan officer who was briefly assigned to the Defiant.

Or when T'Pol was attached to the NX-01.

")

6. Sorcery

:bolian:Thanks everyone for the feedback. It helped a lot especially considering I don't know a whole lot of canon from star trek. I'll post my first chapter soon.

7. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know Sorcery from goanimate. He is a youngling and not had chance to watch every series 12 times over. I think for what he has learned of Trek so far the premise is actually rather good.

It does need a lot of tweaking, but I believe the journey to find the borg's origin fascinating. I think there has to be a driving reason why they would do this. Watch Times arrow. The TNG crew find a 500 yr old head belonging to Data. They embark on a mission to find out where it came from. They end up travelling in the past. Without the head they wouldn't have gone on the mission. The head was very important- because it belonged to the crew and they were emotionally invested in data's well being as much as trying to unravel the mystery of the 500 yr old head.

You have to come up with a plausible reason that would drive the Commodore and the crew to pursue this investigation.

I also think you have been influenced a lot from reading the script of my series I am currently working on. I think you should forget the things I have done and make yours stand alone. Having the mission a cover up for the real mission doesn't serve this story. Whereas in mine it serves as a way to propel the story into a different direction plus it involved section31 hence a cover up.

You don't need to do that. Your mission is clear and clever enough to not need to add things that will detract from it. Focus on why the crew want to learn of the Borgs origins. As a series it could have many stand alone episodes whilst they investigate.

8. Sorcery