How is Janeway sexy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

Would you, please? I would like to have a copy to fool around with in Photoshop. :)

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

There you go.. and do show us what you come up with! That's as big as it gets in flickr.

[​IMG]

3. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

Thanks, Teacake! I don't have any definite ideas yet, but I'll definitely let y'all know if I come up with something.

4. teacake

Aww... with a "Season 7 spoiler alert". I guess I don't have to ask what year it was in. You had an email list?

5. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

I found them on TrekCore, but I don't remember where.
    I'm not going to stop. I say that like once a week but I never do. However it's all the Trek I've watched since like last May. In fact it's basically all I've watched since May.

I like DS9. I just don't always like Sisko. I love Odo, and Kira, and Jadzia, and Quark. And then started to like Ezri towards the latter half of season seven.

6. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    :lol: Yes, but I believe it morphed into a forum at some point. I am not sure when. It was mostly a spot for disgruntled TBBS VOY fans to have a bit of silly fun, since this forum was such a crazy madhouse while the series was on the air.

And, yeah... the whole thing kind of tapered off after the series went off the air, but it was pretty fun. Lis wrote some of the funniest stuff.

7. teacake

I think VOY is my most watched Trek not counting TOS which was easier to watch multiple times because there were only 3 seasons..and only TOS for a long time. For years we would rewatch the VOY double eps whenever we wanted to have a movie night because they are so good. We'd be in the video shop debating whether to borrow some hit romcom everyone was raving about and in the end someone would say, "let's just watch Future's End" and we would, LOLOLOL. Now we sometimes watch the double and triple ep story arcs from season 4 ENT in place of a movie.. they are not as fun as the VOY double eps but we haven't yet seen them 100 times. Also, Soval.

Sisko I was never enamored with, pretty meh about him. He's a good administrator, lol. I love Ezri, Quark (and all the Ferengi story lines), Bashir, Garak, Leeta, Weyoun and the Cardassians. I tend to only watch DS9 all the way through rather than picking and choosing eps.

8. teacake

Was TBBS mostly positive or negative about VOY when it was on the air?

9. HoneyBLilly

I've only seen one episode of ENT since the end of the first season. And that was Twilight. I wasn't a huge Dan of T'Pol's at all.

But I own all of TNG and DS9 along with Voyager but I still just watch Voyager. I think it was because when I was put onto light bed rest in May and then full bed rest in June because of my pregnancy I used Kate Mulgrew as my medicine because I would become so enamoured with her voice I'd stop noticing things around me and just focus in on the episode. So when I'd start cramping or having false contractions I wouldn't notice.

That sadly did not work when I was in actual labor no matter how hard I tried. And then they moved to a room with no TV until Liam made his appearance. Since then I've just watched it with him and explained the technobabble to him. He will understand the terms better than I do most likely.

I love Weyoun and Garak and Dukat. Especially Dukat's daughter . . . What was her name? Ziyal? But I loved her. Waltz is one of my favorite episodes. Along with Wrongs Darker than Death or Night

And I did love Jake too.

Sisko . . . I was a huge Picard fan, I still am, but I never watched DS9 while it was on air until the fifth season so I never knew that Sisko blamed Picard for his wife's death until I bought the DVD's. And well . . . . I will never like Sisko. Before that I thought he was cool but wasn't as fond of him as I was for Janeway and Picard.

10. teacake

If you're not a 7 fan I can see you not being a T'Pol fan. I wrote a big defense/explanation of her on the ENT forum once which I still stand by.. she's a flawed Vulcan from childhood on and she then exacerbates those flaws by her experimentation. This is why she is at home on an earth ship with humans, they are easily fooled into viewing her as logical with no emotions. Back home she does not fare so well. Though I have my complaints about the limits of the actor I do love the character. ENT is tricky because seasons 1 and 2 are completely different than seasons 3 and 4. I adore ENT. I watched it long after its demise and I remember thinking what fantastic Trek it was during the Xindi arc which sadly many trek folk didn't stick around for. I notice though that people are discovering it anew.
    OMG.. no.. even Kate's voice won't distract you from labor pains!!! Is Liam your son? That is great you are watching VOY together. I introduced Trek to a lot of kids via VOY which I think is very fun and cool when you're younger (these kids were all SW fans).

Ah right.. I did like Picard but was never a TNG fan though I have seen it all and own it. I though it was excellent character development for Picard, face to face with a victim of his time as the Borg, the irrationality of Sisko.. because he faced his own irrationality in FC.

11. HoneyBLilly

Nope. Not a Seven fan. At all. Half the time I wish she had been decompressed with the rest of the Borg in Scorpion II.

And I was one of the ones who didn't stick around. I watched the first season but I didn't really like it. I kind of regret that ENT never got the chance to last seven seasons with the rest of them.

No break from labor. I was in so much pain that I was laughing hysterically. My mommy, yes I am almost 25 and I still call my mom "mommy", thought I lost my mind. I think Johnny, hubby, thought I lost it as well. I probably did. :rofl:

Yes, Liam's my son: William Charles-Robert. He was not named after Shatner. I swear. :lol:

My hubby's a Star Wars fan . . . Personally I don't get it. It's a long long time ago in a galaxy far away and they're humans. Ummmm . . . Question mark?

So Liam has three ways to go: Trek, Wars, or hating them both equally.

True . . . But still: it wasn't his fault. I can see both sides but all 5'1" of me wants to shake Sisko to make him snap out of it. And he seemed too trigger happy. Which was great with the war but the rest of the time.

12. teacake

MOAR JANEWAY!

[​IMG]

This is a Mccalls article. What gets to me about it is how much it looks like Janeway on the holodeck!

13. teacake

mairbeariepie treat yourself some day to ENT. I let myself be dissuaded by the peeps at the star trek one yahoogroup and my own meh-ness about the first season. When I finally decided to watch it all the way through I was very chagrined.. awesome series, awesome 3rd and 4th seasons (and the first two are cool as foreshadowing in a very fan girl way).

14. HoneyBLilly

I'll try. I know the episodes are up on YT. So I'll start over again. I will say Twilight was an awesome episode.

15. HoneyBLilly

16. teacake

Twilight was a good example of how fangirl ENT got.. to my satisfaction.

If you don't want to try the whole thing start at the last couple eps of season 2.

17. teacake

Okay I've admitted my J/7 affections.. (though I'm open to anything including Chak).

Cheezburger fabness:

[​IMG]

18. HoneyBLilly

I'll look eventually. Archer and T'Pol were cute together. And that's . . . Did you hear that Twilight was supposed to be a Voyager episode?

^^I wonder where that picture is from . . .

19. teacake

No! I never heard that!

I was kicking myself when I finally got into ENT. I will never let fanboy rantings dissuade me from any Trek again (not that we have an abundance of up and coming Trek, but I'm hopeful there will be a reboot series one day).

I don't know who that is in the original pic, anybody?

20. HoneyBLilly

It's probably Shatner. Certainly looks big enough.

And yeah, Twilight was supposed to be a Voyager episode. Specifically a Janeway/Chakotay episode but, I think it was, Braga rejected the idea because he wasn't sure if it would work.

And then Mike Sussman repitched it for ENT and it went through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.