Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anakin is already a Knight at the start of "Clone Wars" the movie which is why the Council assigns him Ahsoka as a Padawan. He also has his scar that he received in the micro-series, which IIRC he received after his trials. I'm guessing that the Jedi Trials are just going to be one of those things we don't see, and just hear about. Almost mythical like tests that Jedi Padawan's take before being granted full Knightship. I don't mind not seeing them.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree with billcosby, the process of actually becoming a Jedi is an important part of the story. It should at least be shown in flashback. If they can do stories about Jar-Jar to fill airtime, they. An do that.

3. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Anakin received his scar at the hands of Asajj Ventress in the comic Star Wars: Republic #71 - The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, Part Three. He was knighted in Chapter 21 of the Clone Wars microseries.

[​IMG]

The Jedi trials article on Wookiepedia lists the various trials of the old Jedi Order, and notes where we've already seen Anakin go through them:

• Trial of Bravery = experience due to fighting in the Clone Wars
    • Trial of the Flesh = loss of his forearm to Count Dooku
    • Trial of the Spirit = vision of a possible future as Vader (Clone Wars Chapter 24)
    That leaves only two trials that we haven't seen. The first of these - the Trial of Skill - could easily be considered as passed through his natural affinity with a lightsaber or with Force abilities, or in the same way that Bravery was considered to be fulfilled. The Trial of Insight might have been considered fulfilled by Skywalker's leadership of clone troopers (strategy in battle, etc.).

4. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Anakin was knighted, near as I can tell, somewhere between 4-6 months after AOTC, and it was very much a battlefield promotion - skipping the Trials entirely. It would have been sooner, as the decimated Jedi Order was under pressure after Geonosis to promote all older Padawans to knighthood immediately (according to the first chapter of the book Clone Wars: Wild Space, set immediately post-AOTC), but Anakin was nowhere near emotionally ready. Most of the pre-2008 Clone Wars EU belongs in this time period. The novel Jedi Trial tells the story of Anakin's second solo mission, the success of which helps convince the Council he's ready to be knighted (as seen in the microseries). He gets his scar from Asajj a few weeks after that (once he's had a chance to grow his hair out a little), then receives Ahsoka as his apprentice a month after that (7-9 months after AOTC).

5. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

It happned in a book which i had not read. Any idea which one?

6. PsychoPere

Possibly, if you can specify what "it" you're referring to. What you're asking about is not currently clear.

7. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Skywalker becoming a knight.

8. PsychoPere

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not too good with Jedi lore.

But if they want to tell the story within the show, they could have Ashoka's knighting as a framing story and have Anakin reflect on his own with flashbacks.

10. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks to PsychoPere and Nightowl1701 for the knighting info. It's great to finally know some of those details.
    Up so early on a Saturday! Nostalgic.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  11. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i'm up as well. I was looking at the cartoons on right now. Man, what has happened to all the great 'toons that were around in the 80s and 90s? now its all this anime garbage.

12. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How many episodes is the season five premiere? Two or just one?

13. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

just one, stephen. Wasn't a bad premiere, great on action, short on story.

14. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Better than last years opener. Although after a impressive display last season...

Spoilers

Maul and Savage get their asses kicked really easily.

15. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Hondo be da man :lol:

16. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Poor Adi Gallia. First she get's killed by General Grevious way back in Dark Horse's Obsession series, Now she buys it again at the hands of Darth Maul's brother. Someone's not having a very good war.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh, was that a famous Jedi? I thought it was a random one.

18. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It's Star Wars... even the random ones have names and epic backstories. ;)

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Her big claim to fame is that she was the main character in Jedi Starfighter. She's also appeared in several comics, novels, another video game, and 10 other CW episodes.

20. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

"That's the one thing that is kind of weird that he just wants to wipe it off. Because we used to be in the encyclopedias, some of the characters that we created. And now they're gone. And you can't get the DVD and all of this other stuff."
    :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Jesus Christ, this shit keeps getting worse and worse! Micro-series is a friggin masterpiece, and it's getting a Holiday Special treatment now?

This is wrong! THIS IS JUST SO FUCKING WRONG! :(