Do Klingons get depressed?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mr. Laser Beam, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Think about it. What would a depressed Klingon be like? Would it, could it, happen to them? Klingons are all about honor and glory and being a proud warrior, we've all seen it. Would it be considered dishonorable or weak for a Klingon to get depressed or sad?

2. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Didn't we see a boat full of depressed Klingons in Soldiers of the Empire? What a miserable bunch.

3. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kurn was depressed after Worf went against Gorwon and they lost their land, titles and honour. He wanted honourable suicide and try get himself killed.

4. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Worf was sometimes the biggest emo on TNG.

5. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Klingons: bipolar?

6. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Well "emo" might be too strong a word, but when I saw the title of this thread my thoughts were along those lines. The first image that springs to mind is from that episode where the crew's fears are all being drawn out by some force and Worf hastily flees the bridge, recites some Klingon words in his quarters, then proceeds to nearly stab himself to death before Troi stops him just in the nick of time. He explains that he's ashamed of himself and feels he isn't a warrior anymore because he feels fear or something. It was somehow kind of touching and also hilarious at the same time. I can't remember the name of the episode of the top of my head, but I'm sure someone else can.

7. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would imagine in most cases that the depression would stem from being dishonored or weak, but that being depressed isn't necessarily a dishonor.

8. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think clearly they get depressed when they can't be "true" Klingons anymore. When they can't be effective warriors. Kor was depressed when he got to old. Worf was depressed when he was paralyzed. Kurn was depressed when he couldn't fight for the Empire any longer.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Worf was also pretty depressed over Dax's death.

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's what I was going to say. He was also pretty depressed when he was banished from his house.

11. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO CRY! :(

12. dreadpiraterose

dreadpiraterose Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

LOL. Well put. I love Klingons, but I was NOT a fan of Worf until the very last season and a half or so of DS9. Even then he could get on my nerves.

Emo indeed.