Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

The episode was good but the ending - wow.

Initially I thought the writers were getting Rumplestiltskin out of the way so that the odds would really be against the people of Storybrooke when Cora faced them, so what happened really came as a shock. I noticed they closed in on the license plate, is it from Emma's ex's car?

I enjoyed seeing Mulan again, and Dreamy. And I really loved the bit where Hook mentioned Milah and Rumpy threw down his cane and said "Well, he has to die."

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

When Belle and Rumple were straddling that line I knew something would happen that would cause Belle to cross it and lose her memories. I'm guessing that eventually Rumple/Gold will find a way to reverse it.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm thinking the only way to reverse it will be to bring her back to The Enchanted Forest.

That was a Hell of an ending, though. I wonder if Hook is dead. And who is the guy in the car-- Bae or just some random guy who witnesses magic and becomes a liability?

And it was great to see that they haven't forgotten Mulan-- I wonder if she will ever come to Storybrooke?

4. js

js Captain Captain

I've been wondering what's been happening in Storybrooke since Emma, Snow, Hook and Cora left.

I'm sure they'll cover it in a future episode.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^You mean in Fairy tale land (aka "The Enchanted Forest")?

6. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The week before Hook's first episode premiered the mentioned they'd bumped him up to a series regular for the second half of the season.

7. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

They'd already bumped him before his first episode debuted. Never underestimate the power of pretty.

8. RJDiogenes

Not dead, then. :rommie:

9. sojourner

Unless he only shows up in flashbacks from now on.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finally remembered to watch the episode this morning. Really enjoyed it. I'm glad they're not dragging out the whole Hook/Cora/captive Archie thing forever. I'm very curious to see where they are going with the outsider coming into own.

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Great episode. I especially liked hearing their concern about being discovered by the outside world. It's such a compelling idea, that I really hope the show explores it at some point.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Judging by the preview for next week, they appear to be possibly dealing with it already.

13. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The car could be baby daddy acting on Pinocchio or possibly Pinocchio himself. (Or Von Rothbart. They've got to have the Black Swan in there somehow!:scream:) There's an off chance it's Balefire who's the baby daddy. Pinocchio might be chancing a return to Storybrook even though it might return him back to wood. (I've thought he left Storybrooke to undo the magic puppetry.)

Gold's next quest is restoring Belle's memory and vengeance on Hook, who is not dead. The diversion is how he gets away instead.

14. sojourner

Next week's preview says no.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

This show moves so slow, but is still somehow enjoyable. Where was Cora last episodes?

16. RJDiogenes

That's possible, I suppose. As in Lost, they could somehow link him to every other character.

17. js

js Captain Captain

LOL Yes - duh - too fast typing that!

18. sojourner

I've noticed a major theme in the show seems to be turning points in the character's lives - when they could have gone good or bad. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out how Hook became a pirate.

19. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I keep getting the feeling that eventually a "bridge" will be established between Storybrooke and The Enchanted Forest. (Maybe Fringe just spoiled me on that idea though...)

The Notion of Other Realms gives so many possibilities. Also, Did Magic come only to Storybrooke or does it now permeate the entirety of the Earth realm. (Suddenly feels like a Mortal Kombat tournament is about to go down...)

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nuclear physics existed in revolutionary France.