Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Iron Man only needed to pick up a couple of things at the store, so he threw on some sweats....

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Not according to the director.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What did Tyler do in Phase 1? I thought Iron Man 3 was his first Marvel title.

He didn't keep the theme from Iron Man 2, and I'm pretty sure he didn't keep the theme from Thor, so I'd be surprised if he kept the Avengers one.

5. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

The greatest thing that could happen is if Disney and Sony pull off some legal magic that allows Spider-Man to be in Avengers 2 and 3.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

He did reprise the Captain America theme in The Dark World, though, which if you ask me is the second-most iconic theme in the franchise after the Avengers theme. So it might be possible that he'd keep the main theme and then add his own stuff. Other franchises (Harry Potter, notably) have done the same.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, he's definitely not in Avengers 2 and I'm not sure I'd miss him not being in 3. Spidey is more of a loner. I wouldn't mind him meeting up with the ones in New York for the Netflix series, but Avengers 3 promises to be crowded as is.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I definitely prefer having Spider-Man off in his own world. Same with the X-Men. I don't ever want to see Spidey or Wolverine on film as Avengers.

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

fixed

10. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

So War Machine is going to be in Avengers: Age of Ultron, right? What about Falcon?

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Looks like Captain America's suit is his blue suit from "Winter Soldier" with red,white and blue mixed in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hawkeye's coat makes me think of what actresses wear to hide they're pregnant or what I would imagine they'd have Scarlett wearing.

12. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

word.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Agreed. The Marvel universe is full of too many crossovers as it is, and I think some heroes just work better on their own.

14. Turtletrekker

Yeah. While I wouldn't mind seeing the Spider-Man character and movies integrated into the MCU, I wouldn't want him to be an Avenger.

15. Turtletrekker

RoJoHen-- You say that some characters work better on their own, but Spider-Man is the most teamed up with character in Marvel has. Generally speaking, he usually has a team up book in print at any given time. Hell, even the Dr Octopus version of the character has his own team up book.

16. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Have to admit that I like the jacket. Hunters need cold-weather gear too, after all.

17. Alidar Jarok

More thoughts on Spider-Man. Don't get me wrong, a brief teamup isn't a terrible idea. But part of Peter Parker's story is that he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. If Captain America, Iron Man, and the Norse god of thunder all help him out, that gets reduced quite a bit. If Avengers 3 is back in New York (Avengers 2 seems to be Johannesburg, Seoul, Novigrad, etc.), a cameo where he helps out wouldn't have been beyond the pale. But I certainly don't miss him and I'm fine letting him do his own thing. This is different from the X-Men universe, where I'd like to avoid the complicated entanglement of the story of mutants and evolving humanity with a world where superpowers are created through other various means. One is persecuted and the other isn't and there isn't a real cohesive story reason for that except, when X-Men deals with its themes, it isn't doing cross-overs at the moment.

Anyway, my guess is Avengers 3 is going to have Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, the Guardians of the Galaxy (one, some, or all), and Dr. Strange. If Peter Parker sits this one out, it'll be ok.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Not to mention... what good is Spidey going to be against Thanos wielding the Infinity Gauntlet?

19. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yet this sneak peek showcases more scenes featuring Quicksilver, implying he's going to be in the movie for more than one scene. On top of that, photos have been revealed also confirming Quicksilver appears in multiple scenes. He probably doesn't have a big role, but "one beat" doesn't equate to one scene. Singer's most likely referring to a story beat or something along those lines.

20. Alidar Jarok

Eh, he'd probably do better than Black Widow and Hawkeye. He's got legit powers.