Your favorite Picard love interest?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by jibrilmudo, Apr 9, 2014.

?

Your favorite Picard love interest?

1. Dr. Beverly Crusher

26 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Lt. Com. Nella Darren

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Kamala

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Vash

19 vote(s)
    28.4%
  5. Minuet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Marta Batanides

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. A.F.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Eline from Inner Light

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  9. Jenice Manheim

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  10. Phillipa Louvois

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  11. Tasha Yar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Anij

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  13. Q

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  14. Riker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jibrilmudo

jibrilmudo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Dr. Crusher: Woman he had his eye on ever since his best friend married her. In the series finale they are shown to have been husband and wife in the future. I thought the relationship had potential in theory, tepid in execution.

Nella Daren: The new head of stellar sciences charms the captain and they share a love of music. She establishes an interesting relationship with Dr. Crusher, who seems torn between happiness for the captain and a little disappointment/jealousy.

She's a favorite of mine and would be my number two pick, but in a legitimate (not soap opera) love triangle with Picard and Dr. Crusher, though not something I think TV back then or even today.

Kamala: An empathic metamorph groomed by the Kriosians to finalize a peace treaty, she imprinted herself on Picard and his own sense of duty shaped her determination to go on with her mission.

In some ways she's my favorite, but can't tell if her interest in Picard was genuine are just of limited opportunity.

Vash: An capitalistic archaeologist he met on a vacation on Risa and later spirited away by Q.

Minuet: A holodeck character that heavily charmed both Riker and Picard simultaneously while the Bynars are working on the ship.

Marta Batanides: One of Picard's best friends at the academy and someone he always regretted not taking a chance with, which he fixed to bad consequences in Tapestry when Q took him back in time. Probably still around.

A.F.: Initials of a girlfriend he carved in one of Boothby's trees as mentioned by Wesley in "The Game". Project away.

Eline: His wife on Kataan, when he was "Kamin" from the episode "Inner Light". Nice.

Jenice Manheim: Married to time scientist Paul Manheim, a girlfriend Picard was to meet in a Paris cafe des artistes the day before he shipped out but chickened out.

Phillipa Louvois: Antagonistic relations. Implied relationship before this JAG officer prosecuted him for the Stargazer and later presided over Data's hearing.

Tasha Yar: No relationship, but she awkwardly flirted with him in Hide and Q after she cried being in the penalty box and he consoled her. She replied :"Thank you, Captain... oooo, if you weren't a captain..." while making eyes. Just awkward and even Q commented. Might have been a desire on her part.:confused:

Anij: Star Trek Insurrection. Haven't seen this movie, know nothing about it.

Q: This guy has an affixation on Picard, even mention and comparing later Star Trek Captains he met to them. Comments to Picard in the Robin Hood episode that he should have appeared to him as a woman.

Riker: Yeah, guy driven to become a star ship captain now turns down 3 promotions to captain, what is up?:guffaw: Of the women on this list, flirted with Minuet, kissed by Kamala, hit on Vash, and was essentially propositioned by Q (to become Q), seems Riker wants to second to Picard in other areas too:wtf:

Sorry if I forgot someone.

2. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You forgot Earl Gray.

3. jibrilmudo

jibrilmudo Lieutenant Red Shirt

I didn't want to make Riker jealous.

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1701-D

5. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Beverly, all the way.

6. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Crusher. It seemed like they were going for something in early season 1, but shelved it. Then after Gates was fired and brought back, they didn't really try exploring it again until late into the show.

7. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Vash

[​IMG]

I'm constantly admiring writer Ira Steven Behr who created Vash for the series. The character is an explorer with an expertise in archaeology, an adventurer, a female Indiana Jones. In the episodes where she appears, this beautiful brunette, with her beguiling smile and blue eyes, manages to charm not only the good captain of the Enterprise but the omnipotent Q as well.

I've always seen the Picard/Vash relationship as an homage to the great romantic film pairings of the 40's. Vash is Bacall to Picard's Bogart. The very compelling 'battle of wills' dynamic to the Picard/Vash relationship is reminiscent of Bogart and Bacall in the classic movie "To Have and Have Not." Vash's brazenness complements Picard's more sedate personality perfectly. She is the ideal foil for Picard's straight man. The characterizations and relationship dynamics between Picard and Vash makes this pairing a pure joy to watch.

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

Kor and Nyotarules like this.
  8. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

Dr. Crusher!

9. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Dang it, I wanted to say that. :scream:

At least I can still add astro-archaeology.

If this scene doesn't show a man madly in love, then I don't know. And didn't the sounds Picard made have an interesting connotation?

Bob

P.S.

Shouldn't Guinan be on that list? I mean "beyond friendship and beyond family"?

10. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When I saw this thread pop up, I knew you'd post sooner or later. :)

11. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Gosh, it's hard to say. Either Shakespeare or Livingston.

12. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Please ... don't let this moment end!
    [​IMG]
    ... Eat your heart out, Wil Riker!"

13. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

A piece of me wants to vote for Beverly, simply because I had the hots for her through the whole 7 years and beyond. I'm almost 68 so that may explain the interest. My vote went to Nella Darren though. It was probably the most mature relationship explored for Picard during the run of the show and the musical connection to the Resican flute sealed the deal.

14. Zippo and Flask

Zippo and Flask Lieutenant Red Shirt

The flute that Captain Picard played, first in his imagination and then in real life, in the episode "The Inner Light" from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

15. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Assimilation seems like a pretty close relationship to me.

The Borg.

16. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:) It was a pretty safe bet. I do love the Picard/Vash 'ship. :lol:

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I know some people reach for items missed in polls but the Borg as a love interest? What part did Picard love, the assimilation, the servitude, or how he was used to kill hundreds if not thousands of starfleet officers?

18. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Makes at least as much sense as Riker and Q. Picard was not gay or bi. So including them on the list vitiates the meaning of "love interest"---as commonly understood in everyday parlance, the phrase "love interest" means a romantic love interest. If Picard loved Riker like a son or brother or combination of the two, that doesn't fit, and he certainly had no romantic interest in him.

And Q? What's he doing in this poll? Picard may have had all kinds of mixed emotions regarding Q, but in no way was "love" part of what I saw.

But the Borg--Picard was actually one of them, if "one" has a meaning when discussing the Borg. It may even be that his intense hatred of them stems, in part, from some self-knowledge in which he knows that he liked or even loved being part of the collective (once he was free of the collective and could once again like anything as an individual at all).

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Riker I get, love like a brother, and as for Q, ask jibrilmudo, but saying Picard (or Locutus at the time) loves the Borg because he "may" have enjoyed it but didn't know it is a straw man's argument.

Also, if Picard did have a thing for Q, it wouldn't be gay. Q isn't a guy. Technically, these two girls are Q.

[​IMG]

20. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

^ Those aren't Qs, those are Q tease.