FTL

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Alex1939, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Captain Captain

Did a search and didn't find this so sorry if already a thread (please merge if it is).

Every Star Trek fan that has even the most remote interest in gaming NEEDS to play this. Such an amazing little game where you truly run a ship through different encounters fleeing rebels. It's actually been out a while but some new additions were released (for FREE) which added a lot of content to the game.

It's like 10-15 dollars on Steam.

Again, great little space game. You micromanage a crew, diverting power between systems like engines and weapons, pick up new crew, lose other crew, go through RPG type text scenarios, fight a mega boss ship in the end. It's absolutely great.

2. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I love that game. I haven't played it since the new content was released though.

I had unlocked a number of different ships the first time around.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'll do you one better than that, it's about two quid right now in the Humble Store end- of Summer Sale.

But yeah, very good game than you can spend hours on, or just dip into for 20mins. At some point I may actually get around to unlocking all the ships! ;)

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Agreed, it basically is a Star Trek game in all but name. Great fun.

5. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I owned a copy but do not recall whom I bought it from. Not on my latest laptop. Any sellers that just have a direct download?

6. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Its available for iPad as well. Fun game.

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's fun the first couple of runs, but it gets old fast.

8. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Keep meaning to get around to playing the copy I got from gog.com, but I did enjoy the Star Command game on Android, which a friend tells me is somewhat similar. Worth a punt for the few quid it costs if you don't fancy sitting down for a slog through FTL.