Who'd win?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Bry_Sinclair, Apr 17, 2012.

?

In a hand-to-hand fight, who would win?

1. Major Kira Nerys

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. Lt. Commander Worf

23 vote(s)
    65.7%
  1. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

In the episode where the men of DS9 go undercover as Klingons, there is a scene at the beginning of the episode where the crew are anxiously awaiting the return of Sisko and Dax. Worf wants to go out and look for them, but Kira holds fast and tells him that Sisko order the Defiant to remain at the station and that they would just have to wait for them.

They arrive a few moments later, but in the time when Worf is looming over Kira and she obviously isn't intimidated, I was struck with the thought:

If Worf and Kira got into a fight (no weapons allowed), who would win?

So I ask you, who'd win between the two of them?

2. Bry_Sinclair

For me it would have to be Kira.

Worf is bigger and stronger, but Kira is a scrapper--used to fighting against bullies and overwhelming odds. Besides she's already kicked a lot of Klingon ass and an entire security team when heavily pregnant.

3. david lowbridge

david lowbridge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Kira would kick Worf's behind. He may be a klingon, but she had clawed her way through worse and come out on top.

4. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

Kira, definitely. And I like to imagine that even Worf would think twice before letting it get to that point.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, Kira, she's kicked tail on both Klingons and Cardassians in multiple numbers.

6. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As much as I like Kira, I have to give it to Worf (but only if it's DS9 Worf.) Yeah, Kira's beaten up large numbers of Klingons - but who hasn't?

It would be a close fight,though. And if they were actually trying to kill each other, neither would stop until one of them was dead.

On the other hand, if you remove the weapons restriction, I'm pretty sure Kira would just shoot him.

7. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

Kira is a scrapper and faster, but Worf is bigger, stronger and in-theory has more endurance due to an 8 chambered heart and other (I'm assuming) cardiopulmonary redundancies. I think Worf would win in the end, but it would be the fight of the 24th century.

8. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Worf is awesome. Kira's a wee wumman. Doesn't matter how good she is, Mister Notamerryman would just stand there and scowl.

9. Farrens

Farrens Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That scene made me chuckle, the character shields were strong that day.

10. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Well, Worf would have reach, Kira would have flexibility... :) (That one's for you Mass Effect fans)

I'd have to bet on Worf on this one. Kira fights because she has to, Worf fights because he trained to and practices at high difficulty levels on a regular basis.

11. Farrens

well done :lol:

12. david lowbridge

david lowbridge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

can't believe worf is winning this... come on kira fans - if a pregnant woman can beat up a security team, she has to be tough when she ain't pregnant.

13. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

On the whole beating up a security team while pregnant thing; The Security Team wasn't fighting her, they were trying to keep her out of walking into an explosive decompression.

Not really full on combat if everyone else is trying to keep you from killing yourself by asking you to please not kill yourself and hold you back.

14. Farrens

Fair point Leadhead. Makes that scene seem a bit less ridiculous to me. And I tend to favor Worf here, simply because when two fighters with fairly equal training go head to head, size does matter.

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Worf fights with honor, though, and Kira is his superior.

It's very possible Kira would have the opening advantage because she could play dirty pool from the outset.

16. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Commodore

Worf obviously.

In the real world, size and strength owns "scrappiness".

17. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Worf would know he's been in a fight. But, he'd win.

Worf is Klingon w/redundant systems and built to last
    Worf has had SF training
    Worf constantly sharpens his fighting skills
    Worf nearly defeated a entire base-full of Jem Hadar. Save some broken ribs, he might have defeated the alpha Jem.

If the scene were written truthfully, he'd kill Kira and eat her heart.

I doubt that Kira could whip Dax

18. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Like I said, if there were weapons she'd just shoot him and be done with it.

19. M-Red

M-Red Commander Red Shirt

Worf with ease, if he wasn't holding back.

20. Bry_Sinclair

He did threaten Picard in First Contact. Had Jean-Luc been anyone else (even Sisko, Riker or Kira apparantly) he'd be nothing but a smear on the floor. So one's status really isn't a factor.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how you win :lol: