Loved Trek Characters You Just Don't Like

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Bry_Sinclair, Jul 26, 2013.

1. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Kira, she's horrible. All of her episodes seem to revolve around her being a religious fanatic who wants to kill the nearest cardassian. She seems to get off on being a little piece of crap to everyone too.

Jadzia Dax, I can't say that I don't like her as such, it just seems that the only point to her character (as far as season 3) is to state the obvious.

Kes. My god she was awful.

I'm not even going to count nutrek because all their characters have been written so poorly, except maybe Bones.

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Quark.

He wasn't written to be like any of the other original primary players, and he was sometime the insightful voice in an episode. He saw things different, and wasn't afraid to make commentary.

:)

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Riker. What a petty man, who plays favorites and seems to get off on being a dick to everyone outside the command clique... unless you're a female alien of the week, then he's trying to get his dick into you.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But do people actually love Riker? Isn't he just there most of the time?

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Kirk was a temperamental snappy asshole. For some reason it annoyed me when he gave a command and finished it with "mister."

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Reading this thread I feel like defending Kirk but of course he doesn't need defending because he is CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK so all you haters can suck it !

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I loved seasons one and two Riker. After that he just felt like Picard's secretary.

:techman:

8. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

TOS: I don't really dislike anyone.
    TNG: Riker! Can't stand him. Didn't really like Yar either. But she quit after the first season anyway.
    DS9: Can't think of any "iconic people" that I dislike. I didn't particularly like Nagus Zek, but he is not what you would call "much loved" or "iconic". I wasn't crazy about Nog, but it would be difficult to imagine the show without him. Jake barely did anything. I was upset when Terry Farrell left and Jadzia was replaced with Ezri. After watching 6 seasons with Jadzia, my heart didn't really welcome Ezri. Keiko annoyed me too.
    VOY: Kes. Also not iconic though. I don't think I would get rid of anyone though.
    ENT: Even though a decent character, I'd say Hoshi. Her translating abilities were insane, but not believable. But, again, it would be difficult to imagine the show without her.

Yeah, so pretty much just Riker...

9. eskyliz

eskyliz Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Worf. I hated Worf. I'm not sure if he's even a "loved" character but I know I sure don't love him. Well okay, I might not have hated him but he just... annoyed me. I always find Klingon episodes such a bore. I don't know why but they just aren't my thing.

I thought I was done with him forever when I finished TNG. I was so disappointed when I got to him in DS9. Although I must admit he wasn't as bad in DS9 but still. Why did he even come on?

That's a serious question. Was there a reason for him in DS9 or did people just want another character?

10. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I don't know who it was on this board, but someone called him "The Worf Who Ate 2 Star Trek Shows". I thought that was so funny. :lol:

Eh...I was a bit annoyed when they brought him on DS9, but got used to him. He's not on my shit list though. :D

11. elliott_baty

elliott_baty Ensign Red Shirt

I know I'll probably get shot for this but I cannot stand Picard or Data.
    Picard always seemed like a pompous windbag with a stick up his backside and as for Data, I never could figure why people were so enthralled with him.

12. IzzyAtWarp9

IzzyAtWarp9 Commander Red Shirt

:klingon::klingon::klingon: RAAAAWR

13. WillowsWelsh

WillowsWelsh Ensign Newbie

Bashir. I could never warm up to that character. He was either condescending or creepy. Plus he was just too skinny. There were a few episodes in the final two seasons where I appreciated his friendship w O'Brien, but still didn't like him as an individual.

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

The only main character I ever had any negative feelings for (or should I say just couldn't be bothered with) was Jadzia.

There wasn't any point to her. She could've been completely removed for the show without changing the narrative much. It was obvious the writers didn't know what to do with her because they reinvented the character four times in six years.

Ezri was had so much more potential from her onset because the concept of a Trill who viewed symbiotic-joining as a burden instead of a gift was so much more interesting than anything Jadzia had to offer.

I reckon that, had it not been for the overwhelming admiration for Farrell, Jadzia would have been dumped a lot earlier in the series.

15. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Janeway.
    Janeway.
    Janeway.

And Tuvok.

16. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah. Janeway was just there. Kind of like Riker, eh teacake?

17. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I agree a lot of the Ferengi focused episodes aren't that good, but in episodes that don't focus on Ferengi Quark's a great character.

How's he a horrible person? Because he breaks the law and cares about profit? He's also harmless, he doesn't kill people and goes easy on people when he sees suffering. And you're also wrong nobody likes him. Dax likes him and everybody else on the station wavers between liking him and loving to hate him.

Nowhere close to a saint, very acquisitive, but he's a positive force in the universe.

18. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

This. I never understood his treatment of Neelix. Granted, Neelix was involved in some questionable activities before joining the Voyager crew, but I don't know that anything he did was worse than any of the Maquis who came aboard, yet Tuvok never showed the same level of antagonism toward them that he showed with Neelix.

--Sran

19. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because the Maquis didn't actively seek to annoy and bother him at every opportunity probably.

20. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Kira. Something about the way that the actress delivered her lines just got on my nerves. Though, to be fair, I was never a big DS9 fan. I tried to like it, but it just never worked for me.