Eccleston turned down chance to be in 50th Anniversary story

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by JoeZhang, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

EXACTLY.

It's always amazing when I see a science fiction fan with an extremely limited imagination. Put him in a wig? THAT'S your best solution?

Ridiculous.

2. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Glad I'm not the only one.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

A good writer already has. We've had an explanation since Time Crash, it is simple, makes as much sense as these things generally do and can be used again and again. I don't know why people keep looking for what we already have.

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Thank you! This drives me crazy every single time there's talk about the classic Doctors returning. There's always one person (although usually it's more than one) who argues that we'll need an explanation for their change in appearance. Classic case of not looking pass the end of their noses! :p

Also, for those keeping score at home (ATimson ;)), I want all of them to come back.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

You realise that could end up being quite scary in the case of three of them ;)

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'd prefer all of them, but, I'm willing to settle for just 4-8, if they can't be bothered with the effort involved in getting 1-3 ;)

7. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Hey, what if those "meetings" with Moffat, one of them was a quick filming of 8 -> 9 Regen? Maybe British actors can keep secrets (better than American or Australian (yeah, I'm talking about you Karl Urban :)) actors).

8. CommanderRyan

CommanderRyan Ensign Red Shirt

I hope you all weren't surprised that he Eccleston turned down coming back to the 50th Anniversary since he has distanced himself as far as he can from Doctor Who since he left.

9. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

/\ Yawn.

10. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

11. smalltalk66

smalltalk66 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

[/QUOTE]Thank you! This drives me crazy every single time there's talk about the classic Doctors returning. There's always one person (although usually it's more than one) who argues that we'll need an explanation for their change in appearance. Classic case of not looking pass the end of their noses! :p

Also, for those keeping score at home (ATimson ;)), I want all of them to come back.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I'm sorry I brought it up lol
    Like I said, I'm an American who hasn't seen WHO since Davison left (I did catch a little of the eighth Doctor). I really don't care how they present it--the bunch of them could all just stand there, and I'd watch it. It's just be fun to see them--all of them--running around the universe one more time.

12. smalltalk66

smalltalk66 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh, and I did watch some T. Baker last night--hadn't seen Destiny of the Daleks and the Horns of Nimon in over thirty years.

That did it--I'm officially changing my name to Soldeed....

13. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

14. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

So, if Eccelston and Ahearne make it to 100 and are still able to work, we're in (Of course that means I need to make it to 100 also, since Eccelston is about 1 month older than me)

16. The Mirrorball Man

How passive aggressive can one get?

17. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How would you feel if people kept asking you about a job you had a terrible time at and had quit eight years ago?

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

To be charitable, it could simply be that Eccleston knew that others -- RTD, Collinson, Gardner, Piper -- would get mentioned by other VIPs in attendance, if they weren't there themselves, and Eccleston, who had a well-known reputation as being on the side of the crew during the production, wanted to make sure that a director he liked working with wasn't overlooked and got a shout-out.

Okay, okay, I can't quite make myself believe that. *sigh*

19. The Mirrorball Man

Oh I would totally seize every chance I get to get back at the people I used to work with by peppering press releases with cryptic double entendres. Sounds entirely reasonable.

20. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

^Who cares?

About cryptic, sounds like he disapproves the lack of old doctors in the 50th.