Where's Peter David?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Rush Limborg, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

This question has been nagging at the back o' my mind for a LONG time:

How come Peter David has yet to write on the BBS?

2. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

He does not frequent the various BBS sites. Not his thing.

3. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Shame. Oh, the things we could learn from him....

4. Deano2099

Deano2099 Commander Red Shirt

Weird as he's fairly active on the comics boards isn't he? Or at least used to be.

He does always put up a "What did you think?" post on his blog (peterdavid.net) around a month after one of his new books comes out though and often addresses stuff on there.

5. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, his blog is great. Even if his trickery with future-dating the top two posts broke my RSS reader so I have to check for new posts manually.

6. Baerbel Haddrell

Baerbel Haddrell Commodore Commodore

Years ago Peter David was posting on Psi Phi but gave up soon after. There were technical problems at that time and reactions during a discussion that put him off, too, I think. It was a long time ago and I don`t remember details. Maybe someone can help here and provide them.

There is also a Peter David newsgroup on usenet but unfortunately PAD hasn`t posted anything there for years. If I remember correctly, the reason was that AOL stopped offering the ability to post to usenet.

I read his blog regularly and find it very interesting. Nevertheless, I would welcome it very much if he posts here too one day.

7. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Somehow I don't think if he stopped by here and saw the reaction to Before Dishonor in some threads he'd be compelled to say hi. :rolleyes:

8. Baerbel Haddrell

Baerbel Haddrell Commodore Commodore

There was also criticism of "Before Dishonor" on his blog and I wasn`t left with the impression that he minded. He just doesn`t like trolls and other obvious trouble makers (Who can blame him?) and has little patience with them.

9. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

PAD actually seems to like his books to polarize his readers' opinions. ;)

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or he might step up to try and defend it.:techman:

11. trentman359

trentman359 Commander Red Shirt

Thats too bad he doesn't stop by, I'm a big fan of his. He organized a movement to save the Adventurers Club, one of the most unique bar/show experiences you'd ever find. Too bad the place is still going to close.

12. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not thinking to check Peter's blog for comments by him on the whole Q&A not jibing with Before Dishonor thing when the whirlwind first started, this thread gave me the idea just now.

Looking through the posts, his only response to the incongruities was that he got to read Resistance but was never given Q&A before he finished writing.

Now I (more than anyone) was shall we say... miffed by those incongruities, and I wish somehow that they'd been corrected before publishing, but no reasonable person can blame PAD for not making his book follow on accurately from a book he never got to see. That's the reality and though it sucks, it's still not his fault. Sometimes these things just happen.

That said, I still had issues with the Pluto thing.

Of course I'm a still a fan of his comics and the New Frontier series.

13. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

Check out his blog. He's there all the time and encourages feedback.