Drinking on the bridge

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Yammer5, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Yammer5

Yammer5 Cadet Newbie

I was watching ST Nemesis the other day and i noticed what looked like a replicator on the bridge, i was wondering what the official rules would be for a federation bridge officer about drinking on the bridge whilst on duty ( non alcoholic ofc )

Thanks

Yammer5

2. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sulu was drinking tea in Trek VI on the bridge, Kirk drank coffee quite often on the bridge so did Janeway.

so I would imagine the rule is just don't spill it on the Console. ;)

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The Ent-D had replicators on the bridge too. There's one under the plaque and one on a similar panel on the otherside too. I suppose there'd be no fleet-wide rules on drinking or eating on the bridge and any rules on doing it/not doing it would be up to the discretion of the CO.

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

While we're on that subject, there's a replicator right in Main Engineering too. Geordi even recommends Ensign Gomez take it to a lounge (Q Who). Instead, she ends up spilling it on Captain Picard's uniform.

5. ChaosAngel

ChaosAngel Commander Red Shirt

In a cardboard box, drinking black coffee
    Yeah i did find that a bit stupid. Puttin a replicator where there are some many things to spill on. Who designs these ships? Food replicators belong in places people relax, not where drinks can be spilld on some thing important. Just imagine this: Worf is enjoying... whatever it is he drinks, while standing at his station. Suddenly a Romulan ship decloaks and fires at them. Where does Worf put his drink down? On the Captain's head???

6. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since we've only seen the Captains drink on the bridge, I'd imagine that it's a privilege only they enjoy. If I recall, there was a place to put the cup between the Captain's chair and either Troi's or Riker's. I also think Kirk had a spot on his chair and Sulu had a table, which, to me at least, looked like it's sole purpose was to hold food and drinks for the Captain!

7. Paulcpick

Paulcpick Commander Red Shirt

Prune Juice

8. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

"Ales... for everyone!"

9. ndcarlin

ndcarlin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

C'Mon Captain! If you brought enough Raktajino for yourself you have to bring enough for everyone!

10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

In one of the Star Wreck spoof novels, Dacron spilled a Dr. Pepper on his console. He was watching soap operas on his monitor and got startled.

11. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

a Warrior's drink :klingon:

12. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

I almost spewed my own drink all over my computer picturing that just then. :guffaw:

13. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would like to think that 24th century consoles on a starship are designed to be able to handle some liquid being spilled on them. But, then again, these are the same consoles that appear to have no circuit breakers and a bunch of little rocks that fly out of them when they get damaged, so who knows... :)

14. vess

vess Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's assuming there are specified "food replicators" versus normal ones. It's widely know in Star Trek that replicators are used for a variety of things other than just food. Maybe Ensign Gomez was just abusing a resource at work, much like I am using my work day to discuss Star Trek! :techman:

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think it would be great to enjoy a slice of pizza and a cold beer on the bridge. :lol:

16. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they do serve drinks on the bridge, it could explain why Deanna seems to crash the ship when she's at the helm.

17. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Worf did that once. Once!

Then he found out why all Klingons respect Picard, he's the great-great grand nephew of Robau.

18. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd prefer a dry sauvignon blanc from NZ w/ some cheese, but that's what's wonderful about the replicators, right? We can each get what we want!

Doug

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

In Deep Space Nine's Children of Time an Ensign is walking around the bridge of the Defiant like a waiter giving people mugs of Raktajino.

20. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Just like Yeoman Rand in "The Corbomite Maneuver".