(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think its the timing of it, and the cack handed way it's been done that utd fans are annoyed at. Of course players move on; take Ronaldo etc, but Utd's best player has effectively ruled himself out of the next 2 months until the window opens, seriously can anyone see Rooney playing again before he's sold?

Want to leave your club and move on, fine, but spitting your dummy out when you can't even be sold for months smacks of unprofessionalism...then again this is Wayne Rooney who hasn't exactly covered himself in glory in the last six months. Slagging off England fans, betraying his wife, dissing his team mates...

Ronaldo may be a bit of a dick at times, but compared to Roo he's a model pro.

And you're right, English football is shifting, unfortunately its shifting in the wrong direction. Rather than becoming less about money it's becoming more about it, and the players are changing, which in one way is good, the dominance of Utd and co the last 20 years hasn't always made for the most exciting of seasons, but in ten years maybe we'll be talking about the rise of Billionaire owned Bolton Wanderers winning the Champions League and Man City narrowly avoiding administration :lol:

2. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

But only because of the insane fan reaction. There's still plenty of time to be angry if he does end up going to City, why the hell harass him now, how stupid is that?

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yes but he's also had a pop at his team mates as well for being not good enough which to some extent might preclude him playing again (although not neccesarily)

The demo outside his house is a trifle daft to say the least, I really hope he isn't stupid enough to move to Man City but I guess money talks.

4. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I agree, signing for Manchester City would be a slap in the face of the United fans. But in regards to the teammates I'd say "suck it up and do your fucking job"; I can't decide for myself who I'm working with either and I don't get paid even 1/10 of the poorest of them. Also I'm pretty sure Ferguson would have no problem quenching any opposition from the players if he decided to let Rooney continue to play.

5. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Rooney has just signed a new year deal at United. Must have succumbed to his money demands.

Whatever - that's one hell of a big buy-out clause now. They can still sell him for big money!

Gareth Bale by the way - love the boy.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Didn't see that coming!

Be interesting to see if Utd suddenly start buying the sort of players Rooney was talking about...I'm guessing not which suggests it was all about the money.

Be interesting to see how the United fans react next home game...

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Well didn't expect that though to be honest I think his agent is a biggr dickhead, he would sell Rooney's kid for a commision and probably has already sold his mum :rolleyes:...I really hate football agents.

As for Bale, I expect all the major clubs to go after him, hes top class on that left wing...God if he was English he could light up a Euro or World Cup.

8. HappyDayRiot

Tough - he's one of us!

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

and he will have to live with that shame for the rest of his life :p

10. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fcuking Wales, always get the best left-footed players, Giggs, Bale.....

We end up with bloody Wayne Bridge and Stewart Downing! :lol:

Still, at least we have Cole and Johnson I guess.

11. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

So Pompey might be going out of business. :devil:

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I can't see it happening...someone always steps in at the last moment...always...

Although we all know that eventually a team will die, if it isn't Pompy it'll be someone else.

Part of me thinks football won't really get it till a big club goes under, but frankly I wouldn't wish it on any set of fans...that's right, not even Forest!

I hope they survive.

13. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the risk of sounding incredibly harsh, I hope they go. No one takes seriously the threat of not controlling your spending, and living within your own means at that level. Until one of them bites the dust then we're going to continue in this downwards spiral until the whole game implodes.

I feel sorry for the fans, but the club has no one to blame but itself.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Speak for yourself, I regularly sacrifrice virgins in the name of any dark demon with the power to end Derby County ;)...Sadly one of them backfired and Billy Davies came to us.

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I always knew Forest fans were in league with Satan!

Billy D is a fairly minor demon, although I'm sure he beleives he's Lucifer :devil:

16. HappyDayRiot

Looks like they're safe

Good. I wouldn't like to see any club go under (except the Jacks obviously, we actively pray for that) but I especially don't want to lose our 3 points and 2 goals we scored at Fratton in August!

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Anyone see Lewis McGugan's 35 yard wonder strike for Forest :drool:.

One thing thats always annoyed me was we never played him enough, first time I saw him 3 years ago I thought next big player from the Academy. Hes had an amazing start to the season with 7 goals from 12 games and his Forest career

23 league goals in 108 League games from a 21 year old central midfielder in 4 years, not bad at all :) Plus hes excellent at set pieces and his passing game is top notch.

18. HappyDayRiot

Yeah, great goal from him. Doncaster got a couple of nice goals yesterday too.

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

God damn I'm annoyed with myself! Dropped Hernandez from my fantasy team and he hasn't stopped scoring since! :lol:

20. HappyDayRiot

Leeds 0 Cardiff 4

We were dynamite. Leeds were dreadful.