Any chance...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by captain-brad, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

I think letters, Porthos-D, Porthos-E...

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I like T'Rip better.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:

I think poor Porthos paid a few visits to re-pet...

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

So which one liked to play baliz?

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Gorn".

Gorn out there, thataway.

[​IMG]
    ENT Archer biography by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Archer "...died at his home in upstate New York in the year 2245, exactly one day after attending the christening ceremony of the first Federation starship Enterprise, NCC-1701".

Although Mike Sussman, who wrote the text that would appear on the computer screen, never expected it to be legible (and part of it wasn't) or necessarily canonical.

6. F. King Daniel

When I brought up the Admiral Archer thing in the ENT forum a few years ago, Mike Sussman posted this rather amusing reply:

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^It's as good as canon to me.

But didn't he say that because Archer's bio included info about Shran that was contradicted by TATV? Not that Trek fandom ever had a problem disregarding TATV...

8. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Canon works the opposite way around in TATV. Anything that violates canon established by TATV should be praised as much a regular canon violation would be condemned. For example, if the changes in nuKirk's uniform make you go to the shooting range to release your anger and disappointment, a TATV-era photo of Archer with the wrong insignia should make you send flowers to everyone you know.

9. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Admiral Archer's Prized Beagle is probably the label on a cabinet, displaying the poor animal after it's been taxidermied. 100 years is a long time. A exhibited artifect showing the first dog to travel aboard Earth's first warp 5 starship. Some Academy museum curator unaware it's name was Porthos. Riker and Troi didn't seem to know the dog's name either, only that Archer had one.

That probably gets around Scotty's need for something to test, that's biomatter... and what more could happen to the dog? It's already long dead. It just makes his actions seem like a frat boy prank.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  10. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You maybe think Benedict's character is somehow connected to Archer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only slightly crazier than a Brit playing a genetically engineered Latino-Super Sikh, I suppose! :p

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I like that MikeSussman. He's a pretty funny guy. :techman:

12. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

No, the Shran issue hadn't even come up at that point in our correspondence.

In any case, the Shran we saw in TATV was a holographic history lesson/game and may not have been actuality. Even the novels were permitted to ignore it. And give Shran a different full name.

And there's nothing in the Archer bio that precludes Shran spending time as a jewel thief.

13. newtontomato539

newtontomato539 Commander Red Shirt

All the characters from ENT should appear.

The NX Enterprise should be dragged out of mothballs and turned on. The former team is beamed aboard and the ship goes into warp. Archer screams: "Noooooooooo! I want my doggie!"

Pike says: "That was a helluva thing."
    Scotty: "Aye, it was sir. Archer has nae a doggie at all."

Porthos the Unslobbery licks Scotty face and winks at the camera.

14. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

NX-01 is not mothballed. It's hiding in a nebula where nuDaniels has taken it to talk Archer out of starting the federation. As they are watching the events of Into Darkness unfold from the front seats, they tell Daniels to fuck himself, tie him up and interfere by covertly helping Kirk and Harrison.

Ironically, it was Archer's interaction with John Harrison that started the Federation in the Prime Universe and where Archer got the temporal communication device to guide Silik to prevent the two Daniels from acting.

Out of anger, nuDaniels blows up the a transport hub in London and tries to shoot up Kirk from a helicopter, before he gets apprehended by Seven of Nine and Borg Janeway with a Defiant stolen from the Prime Universe with Picard and Sisko on board, who right until the last moment think they are being assailed by the Borg.

15. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Christ, man. Spoiler tags? Sheesh.

16. F. King Daniel

An excellent Enterprise referenece would be to have Lorien from "E2" as captain of the USS Intrepid.