Enterprise Pic

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by bdb, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Um, guys... is it REALLY NECESSARY to start getting nasty here?

This is ENTERTAINMENT, not "Holy Scripture." You're allowed to disagree, or to pick and choose what you like and don't like. And it's INSANE to rip into people over it.

Yet I'm seeing people here going into full-bore "nasty attacks" mode... WITHOUT ANYONE HAVING EVEN SAID ANYTHING TO ATTACK IN THE FIRST PLACE.

"Pre-emptive strikes," is that the idea? :rolleyes:

2. Kirks_Flying_Wig

Kirks_Flying_Wig Commander Red Shirt

I'll reserve complete judgement until I see the full trailer but from this single picture: Wow. I can't remember who it was (Orci?) who said that the exterior would be essentially the same as the original, but whoever it was wasn't lying. I'm a little worried about the nacelles- rotating fans in space?- but, like I said, I'm not going to run around panicking until the trailer is released.

3. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Being a "purist" makes it really difficult for one to just enjoy life.

The Enterprise looks beautiful. Seems I'm not the only one around here who likes it. :)

4. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

Ummmm ..., are you new here ...? :confused:

:lol:

But seriously, as much as I love this board, it does seem that there is a tendency for discussions such as this to devolve into ..., well ..., almost a "holy war."

Let the games begin. :evil:

5. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, as a purist, I like what I see so far...

Whoops, I mean...I hate it! Or something.

6. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

How soon before the model for this hits the stores?

7. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Cary, trying to tell the immature people not to fight is like spitting in the wind. C'mon, I'm with you here, but we both know that on this board there are those who like to talk about Trek, and those who like to make themselves feel 'big' through insults and the veil of an anonymous forum.

I love to talk and read about trek, and make great use out of the ignore function for posters who show themselves to be immature most of the time, I won't waste my time reading them.

8. FlyingTigress

FlyingTigress Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well, since it is still under construction, and as others have suggested, it could be that the nacelle caps haven't been installed -- and, what we are seeing is the mechanism that resulted in the rotating 'screen' in front of the Xmas lights in the large production model.

9. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

I hope it's nice and BIG like the PL refit model so we can go nuts with the detailing and whatnot !

- W -
    * Seriously ! *

10. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is but ONE GOD, Roddenberry, and JJ Abrams is his Prophet! Shatner-u-akbar!

Um... anyone care to issue a fatwa against this new incarnation of the Big-E? ;)

11. datas_cat_spot

datas_cat_spot Captain Captain

I love the how the ship seems to really have some mass to it. There's not even that much frame of reference, but to me it looks completely real and full of...epic..ness.

12. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I really like what I'm seeing! And it's damn close to Gabe Kroener's design!

13. Rally_man

Rally_man Captain Captain

Can someone post the picture of the cast on another hosting site? My work filters wont let me see it :(

14. Garibaldi O'brien

Garibaldi O'brien Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She is looking very much like the classic NCC-1701 we all know and love. I know I am going to be there on opening day. :bolian:

15. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Close, but not quite. It seems to be a, how do I put it, more toned down version of it; definitely has a few refinements but none to the extremes that Gabe took it to. Of course, not being able to see the secondary hull, I could be totally wrong.

16. Plum

Plum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^
    Hmmm, it' very different imho. However... the LIGHTING is similar. Lots of blue. I think it's just hitting peoples brains as sorta the same due to that. Just a random thought here.

17. AudioBridge

AudioBridge Captain Captain

Can anyone tell what those slits are below the bridge dome? Are they windows, or unfinished portions of the hull?

18. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Ya, the blue lighting is def. evocative of Gabe's tests, but the shape of the nacelle fronts also makes me curious. That's the only model I remember that shared the flared fronts, but I'm just happy to see some new official images!

19. CaptainDave1701

CaptainDave1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like the look of the engines.

If you take this picture and run it through a simple image processing program turn up the brightness. The ship is very reminicent of the Motion Picture Starship. The engine nacells are fat like aircraft turbines and the intercoolers look like they are made into the engine as one peace.It will be interesting to see more.I am a purist with an open mind but I wonder........

20. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think she looks awesome! I look forward to seeing more of the Big-E. Way to go, JJ!!!