SyFy Channel

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Hyfen_Underskor, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Syfy UK has. Not that I've watched it, it never looked interesting.

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

It's a fun little show actually. I would say it would suit Syfy pretty well with it's mix of drama and comedy.

3. Kegg

Fair enough. I might give it another look, I watch very little on Syfy as-is and am pinning most of my hopes for the channel right now on Defiance, which for all I know could be a disappointment.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Well if you're not a fan of the general Syfy trend of doing fluffy sci-fi that's just fun then it's probably not for you. But personally I enjoy Eureka, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary and the like.

5. Kegg

I don't mind it doing stuff that's just for fun, as much as I love nuBSG that absolutely should not be the only kind of show Syfy produces. I more wish I was having fun with those shows. I caught the pilot a while back for Eureka and it was just okay, basically.

6. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

The name change coincided with network comments that they would be moving further away from the idea of just science fiction content (expanding more into areas such as horror, wrestling, fantasy, cooking shows, etc.). The executives were also becoming more and more known for disparaging science fiction in general.

I doubt the name change would have been a big deal had it not been for the surrounding factors. In context, though, the name change came across as an insult to many in the sci-fi community.