Were those Talaxians Neelix rescued even in the Delta Quadrant?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Infern0, Mar 13, 2013.

1. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    I think it was another example of the writers forgetting how many jumps Voyager had taken, and how much progress they'd made. They were only supposed to have been like 30,000 light years from Earth by the end of the series.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They were really good at citing the distance which they had traveled.

They just didn't know where Earth was.

Wikipedia places earth 20 thousand light years from the centre of the galaxy.

Imagine being so inbred that you don't know where your home is?

3. hxclespaulplayer

hxclespaulplayer Captain Captain

Are the Star Trek Star Charts canon? If so:

[​IMG]

4. Guy Gardener

Canon means and only means that "whatever" was seen on screen in the tv show or a movie.

Jeri Taylor has expressed the OPINION that her novels are canon, but that's just Jeri being a princess.

So that's not the blurry map I was talking about.

Actually the first blurry map they showed inverted the alpha and beta quadrants. The producers of Voyager hadn't looked at Okuda's map and creating some abusive discourse here about whether the show was more canon than the encyclopaedia.

This map is from the episode Endgame. It's canon. Admiral Janeways 21 year journey home.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ges/6/63/Voyager_flight_path_Astrometrics.jpg

This here seems to be a cleaned up copy of the route seen in Endgame, it also shows the Bajoran Wormhole.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081210091902/memory-gamma/images/7/7e/VoyagerMap.jpg

But as I said, there's another blurry map from over some ones shoulder earlier too.

5. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

You want the 2002 Star Trek Star Charts, which features Voyager's route (and a version of that map) in extreme detail. It's not canon, and it sold like rotten eggs, but it's very pretty.

7. Guy Gardener

Fact: The Vulcans have been a space faring race for a million years.

Fact: The Vulcans mentored humanity in all things space.

Supposition: the Border between the Alpha and beta Quadrants runs through Vulcan.

fact: Vulcan was destroyed in the 2009 movie.

Extrapolation: The border to the Alpha beta Quadrant moved to the next most important world in the Federation.

Question: Is that Earth?

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't Andor closer to Vulcan than earth?

9. Guy Gardener

There's four days between earth and Vulcan in season 4 of Enterprise when their Warp 5 engine actually could make Warp 5, but Qo'noS is also 4 days away from Earth in the pilot before they laid down the limitations of a theoretical Warp 5 engine...

Episode 7 of Enterprise showed a Vulcan spy post which was over 20 light years from earth (established the week before in tera nova) that could spy into the heart of Andorian Space and perhaps into the eaves of Andor itself....

They keep citing Archers odometer reading through out the first two seasons exclaiming how they are out so amazingly far into space, and then bump into this and that which should be in their back yard, like half way through seasons one they meet a Teran freighter that can only fly at warp one. it's obvious that archer was not moving in a straight line away from Earth. He was spiralling out exploring the shit out of everything close enough to pose a threat or find nice buggers they should open trade with.

Politically, and Militarily, what the frakk has Andor done for anyone?

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Four space fleets is better than two space fleets.

11. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

It's quite good, though I found like 2 dozen errors in the Voyager section (What can I say; I love maps and journeys). And let's not forget the Gamma Quadrant and the Defiant's 5000(!) light year journey to the Founders Homeworld in "The Search". Everyone's favorite planet Meridian is also 6200 ly from the wormhole. Actually, the Defiant was equipped with a special warp drive, like the Equinox. It created plotholes to fly the ship through. I consider Star Trek Star Charts a good rough draft, but it needed several corrections to be a final draft.