College Football 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 28, 2013.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stanford going to the Rose Bowl again. Great game last night. :techman:

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

And Auburn might allow my state to keep the crystal football here for the fifth year in a row.

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's an itty bitty bowl that nobody cares about, but I'm happy. Colorado State is going to the New Mexico Bowl. On a 7-6 record. Considering that one of their losses was to Alabama, it's not too shabby.

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Auburn has to have been the luckiest team in the nation this year! And my Auburn-alum wife agrees.

Not a great bowl, but GT gets to go to the Music City bowl. We're playing Ole Miss, so it's another ACC-SEC matchup. But it's close, so I may see about going!

5. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Ugh. Alabama opens at (-9) over Oklahoma, and that line is probably only going to get worse. This is why the BCS needs to go away: So we don't get these matchups based on the money, and start getting them based on the game.

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Nice win by USC to finish out the season.

Carr looked pretty ordinary against the Trojan defense.

Assuming this was Marquis Lee's last game at USC, it was a nice way to go out. Much better than that ridiculous farce of a bowl game last year...

:techman:

7. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the Trojans looked great today! I can only hope that Sarkisian restores them to their former glory.

What I'm really going to take away from today's college football action is that fantastic finish at the New Mexico Bowl! Colorado State reminded us what can happen if you never give up. It would be great to see more of the 2013 postseason games end like that one.

8. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I'm so proud of my Rams! I wish I could have watched the game, but I had a concert this afternoon. *proud Colorado State grad* :D

9. 1001001

Agreed that CSU win was amazing. What a turn of events.

10. tighr

I had fully intended on watching today's slate of games, but I had to work today. Caught a glimpse of the USC/Fresno (my coworker actually went, cheap tickets), but of course bowl season doesn't kick up until New Year's Day. So sad CFB is over already!

11. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Watched Minnesota and Syracuse play in the Texas Bowl. Kind of a snoozefest- no wonder there were seats available on StubHub for as low as 73 cents.

12. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Marshall Thundering Herd (the original, not the Colin Cowherd groupies) pulls off a superb win over Maryland, with an outstanding performance by QB Rakeem Cato!

And major congrats to Colorado St for a heckuva win in scintillating fashion.

As well even to USC for evidence that they are coming out form under their recent cloud.

13. 1001001

Nothing like a full slate of bowl games to take the edge off a New Year's hangover.

Let's see...

The Capital One Bowl: South Carolina and Wisconsin. The Badgers looked good early, but the Old Ball Coach has got it dialed in down there in South Carolina. Shaw accounts for 5 touchdowns: 3 passing, 1 rushing, and 1 receiving. We can call that a rich, full day.

The Rose Bowl: Stanford goes up quickly 10-0, and then Sparty comes back to lay the smackdown. Big 10 is not totally useless after all!

The Fiesta Bowl: CFU makes some people in Vegas very rich indeed. Baylor gave it a good effort, but hardly anyone gave CFU a chance. A wild, fun game.

A good day of college football!

:techman:

14. Neroon

In addition to Sparty, we had Nebraska upsetting Georgia. Plus Iowa pushing LSU hard in a offense-less game. Guess that Big 10 looks REALLY weak, doesn't it? :D

15. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

Big Ten were never weak. I'm a MSU alumnus (c/o '90) and I'm so proud of my Spartans.

The last time they were in the Rose Bowl, I was 20 in my junior year at MSU in 1988.

So Sweet.

16. Neroon

17. 1001001

Let's not go crazy...

6-15 in January Bowl games over the past 4 years.

18. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

It'll be hard to top either the Peach Bowl (yeah, it has a different name now, but it'll always be the Peach Bowl to me) or the Fiesta Bowl for sheer excitement. I hate that Duke lost, but they put up as good a fight as I've seen from them all year. Maybe they'll be back in the ACC title game sooner than we think! As for Central Florida, I love it when the underdog proves all the doubters wrong. Speaking of which, can Michigan State finally be given the respect they deserve? They couldn't have closed out their season in a more impressive manner.

19. tighr

My hope is that Chik-Fil-A either renames it back to the Peach Bowl, or the next sponsor does. Travesty, you can't mess with tradition like that. I feel the same about the Tangerine/Citrus Bowl.

20. Neroon

What's the PAC-12 record in those conditions?