The unofficial Rock Band thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aragorn, May 30, 2008.

1. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Yup, I am having a strong desire to buy more Activision Guitar Hero... :rolleyes:

Last one I paid full price for was GHIII.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is Vicarious Visions cheap? If so, Activision can increase the number of Guitar Hero titles they release per year (25 Hero SKUs last year!!!!!).

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're cutting down to just Guitar Hero and DJ Hero now.

Funny enough, Harmonix is now the music rhythm game whore as they've been trying to see if there's interesting for more band specific games.

I feel like I'm almost done with the genre now. I appreciate that I can play 99% of the songs I've bought from Rock Band games in Rock Band 2, but I don't really need the entire Green Day catalog on disc. I bit the bullet with The Beatles and I almost feel bad for supporting such a bad concept.

4. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought the Metallica game (which I love) but I got Aerosmith for Christmas and only played it a handful of times, and Van Halen was FREE and I still haven't played it.

But I definitely prefer the idea of DLC coming out every week than I do band-specific games (especially if they aren't going to be supported afterward). At this point, I'll probably buy Rock Band 3, and continue with the DLC on that platform but no other games unless something REALLY interesting comes around.

5. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

The logo for RB3:
    [​IMG]

6. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has there been any mention of importing songs from the previous Rock Bands into Rock Band 3? Are Wii owners going to get the short straw again in this regard, or have they come up with a way to manage it this time?

7. firehawk12

No word on song export for RB2, but they've "promised" anyway. And anyone who redeemed the code for the 20 free songs has already "proven" ownership of the original game, so all they need to do is charge those people the export fee.

As for the Wii? I don't think that'll happen. Yeah, you can drop a 32 gig card into the Wii, but I just assume they didn't plan for anything like that.

8. Aragorn

Though the Rock Band songs are exportable and playable on different games (minus Beatles, and the Lego Rock Band censoring). Buying Lego Rock Band and exporting the songs would be a lot cheaper than buying each track for $2.

9. firehawk12

Which is fine unless you only want a few songs from the disc. There are Green Day songs I like... but I'm not spending 60 bucks on their game just to play them... that's sort of where I draw the line. :lol:

10. Aragorn

^ But these type of games are somewhat slumping right now. It didn't take long for Lego Rock Band to drop in price, so I'm gonna wait for Green Day to drop too.

11. firehawk12

Yeah, I just feel like HMX gets a free pass when they've (or MTV Games I guess) have been partially responsible for the decline.

The fact that MTV asked for the bonuses they paid out to the HMX peeps sort of points to the general decline and slow sales of these types of games.

I hope RB3 manages to bring something new to the table though, because it might just be the last hurrah for the entire genre.

12. firehawk12

Yeah, I just feel like HMX gets a free pass when they've (or MTV Games I guess) have been partially responsible for the decline.

The fact that MTV asked for the bonuses they paid out to the HMX peeps sort of points to the general decline and slow sales of these types of games.

I hope RB3 manages to bring something new to the table though, because it might just be the last hurrah for the entire genre.

13. Aragorn

Downloads for the week of May 23:

Pantera: The Great Southern Trendkill
    “The Great Southern Trendkill”
    “War Nerve”
    “Drag the Waters”
    “10’s”
    “13 Steps to Nowhere”
    “Suicide Note Pt. II”
    “Living Through Me (Hell’s Wrath)
    “Floods”
    “The Underground in America”
    “(Reprise) Sandblasted Skin”

14. Rincewiend

Xbox360 Gold subscribers can download a Grenday : RB demo right now...

Nice little teaser at the end:

[​IMG]

Also some behind-the-scens stuff:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RXRuLegYRM[/yt]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  15. Aragorn

Anyone here watch Lost?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5hbvUNmplw[/yt]

16. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Not bad, but Vulgar Display of Power would have been a better album to do.

17. Rincewiend

You should check the official discussion thread...
    Some people are happpy, but the majority of the Pantera fans are panning it...
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190851

18. Rincewiend

Next week:

19. Rincewiend

Hm, apparently it is confirmed by a HMX developer:

20. firehawk12

A Mad Catz keyboard is incoming then? :lol:

How much do actual keyboards cost these days? If they can do a peripheral that's as functional as a real keyboard but have it come in at a reasonable price... it might be yet another piece of plastic junk I end up buying.