Ready for cooler weather

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Sep 10, 2013.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Ask and ye shall receive, I guess. Why is it snowing in October?

[​IMG]

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Nope, he means Celsius and that he hates anything cooler than 33 degrees above the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth. Those people in Death Valley are a bunch of wussies. That's sweater weather. :p;)

3. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

I don't even like summer. I appreciate the fresh air and being able to leave the windows open all day and night, but otherwise, I like fall better. I'm definitely ready for cooler weather.

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We're still having highs in the low 80s F. MUCH better than the 110 F of summer!

Nights are very cool now. Cold weather is coming, where our highs will be what our current nighttime temps are, if that. I'm not rushing for the cold.

Heck, there's still some tomatoes (that I gave up on) that are green! They went nuts when the weather cooled down. I'm not sure if they're gonna ripen. And some ugly bugs seem to like being on the plants--not regular beetles. I'm..uh..pretty afraid of bugs.

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

It's been in the 40s here in the mornings lately. Only up into the 50s in the day, and I'm glad of the gray weather too. Makes for better viewing of the foliage.

6. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

It has finally started to cool off here in Eastern Afghanistan. Its still in the 70s during the day, but the mornings and evenings are chilly.

The only downside is that some people that are not used to cold weather (not that this is cold at all!) have already started turning the heaters on in the community showers and latrines. And if you try to change it they get all pissy about it. So I guess their comfort overrides everyone else. I feel sorry for them for when it actually starts getting cold!

7. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I finally had to turn my furnace on the other day. It's been in the 40's (degrees F) the past couple of nights.

8. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's suppose to be down in the low 30's tonight with the possibility of snow. Yikes! I have been wearing short up until today, I may have to break out long pants tomorrow. Its a sad day when I have to put away my shorts for real pants.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's finally gotten chilly in the bay area, given we had the return of the fog this week. I still wish it was raining though.

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i absolutely hate cold weather. i already have my electric blanket on the bed

11. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

The Met Office here are warning of storms across the southern half of the UK, compared to what other countries call a storm, it'll probably just be a very stiff breeze in actuality.