Once Nolan's trilogy ends..

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OdoWanKenobi, Jan 6, 2012.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, in this case I am absolutely certain.

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

They should use Batman The Animated Series as a template for any Batman movies post Nolan. I love the Nolan films but a more lighter touch for post Nolan films would be nice. BTAS isn't campy but it's not as serious as the Nolan films.

A young Bruce Wayne tv series could work as long as they don't use the smallville formula and have all that teenage angst.

3. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling we're going to see a continuation of Nolan's style, or at least someone with a similar sensibility. Nolan's Batman worked, and I can see WB trying to duplicate that as much as humanly possible- even if anything for monetary purposes.

Nolan is going to remain as a producer on the next Batman film, at least according to WB, so I can see a situation similar to Man of Steel where maybe Nolan and Goyer come up with a basic story (and Goyer possibly writes a draft of the script). Then Nolan and WB collectively find a director. I'm sure we'll see the likes of Matt Reeves (who is currently helming The Twilight Zone remake for WB), Duncan Jones, Tony Scott, and likely Darren Aronofsky (who I can see quickly becoming the frontrunner). These guys were contenders to direct Superman, so I can see them being looked at for Batman as well.

As much as I would love to see a radically different approach for the "reboot", or next installment, I don't see that happening (unless The Dark Knight Rises flops hard). Nolan's Batman films are a winning strategy for Warner Bros., and they are likely going to try and keep that going for as long as humanly possible.

4. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

So basically bring it around full circle? The Burton Batman films were a loose template for BTAS with the retro yet modern feeling, Elfman score (or at least Elfman-esque, as I can't remember if he did the music for the show as well)...

I could really get into a Batman live action series or movie with a truely noir setting.

5. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

As long as it is nothing at all like Birds of Prey, I'll give it a go.

6. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't that what Batman & Robin was for? I shudder at the very idea of steering the franchise back down the Adam West path ever again....

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Why? Nothing wrong with spoofs.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

They could make the next reboot focus on the forming of the dynamic duo

Part 1- Bruce meets Dick

Part 2- Flash foward two years. Dick is still training

Park 3- Jump to 6 years. Dick becomes Robin

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Almost sounds like a Robin-centric trilogy.

Robin Begins
    The Boy Wonder
    The Boy Wonder Rises