Observer Effect

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by jazzstick, Sep 4, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was going to say I AGREE, very Star Trek Yanks except looking back I see I already said it :lol:

This thread makes me want to watch it again!

2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really like this episode and recently saw it again and liked the Tos feel to the episode. Great acting in this show with the entire cast.

3. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I might pull it out tonight.

I'll probably tear up again when Hoshi doesn't respond to the cardio stimulation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

actually I see a lot of errand of mercy here.
    for one thing we have to remember this is a first encounter with humans. we have more then a hundred years before kirk comes along at a start of the war. from errand of mercy we know there had been a previous group on organia. along with some odd findings from their report spock highly disagreed with.

sorta hints that the previous group had their findings hmm changed.. tampered with.

we don't know but something might have happened to make the organians leary of entering other bodies.

ps the organian who spent most of the time in travis reminded me a lot of ayelborne.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

While my computer was sick the last few weeks (monitor died), I watched my old vhs "Errand of Mercy" a few times (until it rewound too tight and it won't load anymore). It may be I haven't watched "Observer Effect" enough to pick up on the Organian-ness of the two body hopping entities, I had trouble distinguishing which Organian was in which body the way they kept jumping around into different people. Maybe I'll be more receptive to it by the time I get to writing a review.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eh? :confused:

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Starfleet already had some information about Organia in TOS: Errand of Mercy:

And after they beam down and meet Ayelborne, Spock takes a few tricorder readings: