Augment costumes?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by zeroangel, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeroangel

zeroangel Ensign Newbie

Hi all! New here. Excited about possibly going to my first convention and looking for Augment costumes for a guy and a girl. Ideally we wanna go dressed like members of Khan's crew from Star Trek 2.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Augment

However, any other ideas for augment costumes are welcome.

We have looked online (searched for star trek costumes) but couldn't find any augment costumes.

Anyone have any idea where to look? Thank you in advance!

2. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had never heard that use of "augment" before. From the subject heading, I thought you were planning to put augmented reality costumes on everyone's smartphone, so you'd appear in costume only when viewed through a mobile device.

[​IMG]

3. zeroangel

zeroangel Ensign Newbie

Wow, no. That's incredibly high tech. Basically we wanna dress up as Khan's crew. Any ideas?

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

The women in Khan's crew (from Space Seed) were dressed quite fashionably, I've seen open mesh club wear that looks somewhat like this, the women in the picture is actually wearing very little. No offense, but the girl in your pair would need a certain figure to pull that costume off.

Price wise they tend to be across the board, you might luck out. Check out places that sell club and disco outfits. You could also have one custom made. I've had good luck with seamstresses who work out of their homes, prices are really about what you'd spend in a store. Take the picture to one and get a quote.

The men's clothing look to be easier to obtain, a nicely fitted red jumpsuit, not overly snug. Add the trim pieces yourself (or again a seamstress). Phaser optional.

[​IMG]

The costumes from the movie TWOK are just your basic "road warrior" crap, there's not really much distinctive about it. Regardless of how accurate you make it, you're going to have to tell people who you're dressed as. But that kind of goes with a lot of costumes at conventions.

Whichever way you go, post pictures here please.

:)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  5. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Make sure it has ribbing - lots of ribbing - a common stylistic motif among Khan's people from Star Trek 2, the Augments from Enterprise (along with lots of random fabric tears) and the collar of Harrison's long coat in the latest film.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  7. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    It's from Enterprise.

8. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And I thought this was going to be about those silly torn clothes they wore in Enterprise.

9. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks. I looked it up in the wiki. The subject heading took me by surprise because none of the spin-offs connected with me. (I've watched lots of episodes, though.)

Still, AR costumes would be pretty wild. Maybe have them track to comm badges with QR-type codes on them. "Mundane" hotel guests would see a bunch of people in street clothes, but con-goers would see TREK!

10. zeroangel

zeroangel Ensign Newbie

11. zeroangel

zeroangel Ensign Newbie

Thank you everyone else for your replies :).

12. zeroangel

zeroangel Ensign Newbie

Ended up going with Mirror Universe Costumes instead. Pics to follow in a new thread.

13. zeroangel

zeroangel Ensign Newbie

14. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Resurrecting this thread and starting two more?

C'mon, Man!

:p

[​IMG]

"Hailing Frequencies Closed"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.