The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Might as well stick my hello in here too;)

I'm a fairly long term trek fan, back to watching the original series on the Beeb (back in the seventies if memory serves). I also read too much for my own good and probably watch too much tv.

I've lurked around here for a couple of years, but thought it was about time to finally join up.

See you around :)

2. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey y'all.

I'm a long-term fan of Trek (In ratio to my life) first TV show I can remember was TNG. Had a ton of space and science books and I annoy my friends with big words.

I've been a lurker as well, but now have the courage to join and make an absolute fool of myself :P

3. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

Welcome to you both. Enjoy the insanity that we call Star Trek XI. :techman:

4. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't try and find some deeper meaning to it all, because there isn't one. :lol:

Just think Star Trek and Sombreros. It was remarked that the saucer section of the Enterprise would look better in one, and it pretty much snowballed from there.

:D

Welcome to the board all newcomers!!!

5. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Someone really ought to write a Wikipedia article about the Sombreroprise phenomenon. I don't really know how or else I would have already done it. :D

Welcome Kanousei, John Clark and Herkimer Jitty!

6. Major Chord

Major Chord Choir Boy Extraordinaire Captain

Hey there. My name is Sean. I live in Western New York, also known as the land of snow and cold. Except when it's hot. I hate hot.

People say I have cynical and sarcastic outlook on life, not dissimilar to that of a 70 year old drunk man. I have been interested in Star Trek since I was 7, since I am only a month away from 16 now, that would be around 1999, and my favorite series are by far DS9 and Enterprise, although TNG is a pretty close runner up. I would like to go to school to become a high school history teacher. I am a musician, and I am on an ever-lasting quest to find a violin score for the TMP theme song. You'll also find me floating around the Flare Sci-Fi forums on a regular basis. I am looking forward to the new movie, as long as Abrahms doesn't completely screw with established continuity as we know it.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome! :) It sounds like you've got the credentials to fit in around here. (Flare forums... is Capps still running the show over there?)

Not sure what to suggest about the violin part for the TMP theme. I've seen piano reductions of the music from that movie, and there may actually be a full score out there somewhere, but it almost sounds like it would be quicker and a better learning experience to do a transcription yourself (I guarantee that by the end of that kind of exercise, you'll know all of the parts... whether you wanted to or not. :lol: )

8. floyd

floyd Ensign Red Shirt

Hello. I already made an introduction post in the other welcome thread so I will put it here too:
    So yeah... Thats About it.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  9. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hooray! :)

I've been here just short of 24 hours... Long time reader, first time poster if you will. Arrived from the ST.com boards after being on there for 4 years and not really feeling it :cardie: I've always felt a bit intimidated by forums, but we'll see how this turns out, eh? Hoping to make some new friends and see how much longer I can get away with doing this on office time :devil:

I've been watching Star Trek since I was 6 (it was the late 80s - I was there, it happened!), and been watching ever since, AND I'M NOT SORRY mwah ha hahaaaa! The obsession even decided what degree I was going to do at uni, sadly no jobs at NASA tho (I hear the European Space Agency are recruiting). I seem to be in a minority for actually enjoying Enterprise, despite its flaws (up until TATV) :vulcan: and I'm still in mourning since its cancellation.

I don't have an awful lot going on :p

[Edit - it took me that long to write this, I've now been here over 24 hours. That's 3600+ minutes of pure awesome. OH YEAH!]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  10. M'Sharak

Welcome, guys. Hope you have fun here.

The Sombrero Explanation, such as it is, may be found here. Bring snacks; it may take a while.

11. Major Chord

Major Chord Choir Boy Extraordinaire Captain

Yep, Sir Charles is still at the helm.

Strangely enough, fooling around with some fiddle tunes earlier today, I did just that, kind of. I popped in the DVD ( not really necessary, as I know the thing vocally by memory), and listened to it a few times. I have only figured out a little of it though, just the first refrain. Chances are I don't have all the right notes, but it sounds close enough. A full score would come in handy if I ever decide to learn to play all the other instruments in the orchestra, and I don't really think my instrumental teacher would approve.
    My next missiom: The vocal section of the TOS theme...a bit too high for me though. My choral director is going to love me...:lol: Then, on to M*A*S*H!

12. Kanousei

Kanousei Ensign Newbie

So... between the spark of hilarity which solidified the Sombreroprise forever and the fact that his av has Kirk and Spock in a bath tub, I think a shrine to Samuel T. Cogley just sprang up in my head somewhere. XD

13. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

I took a long hiatus from this site after ENT ended and only recently came back. (Heck, I took a hiatus from anything trek during that time too). I only recently learned of the new film.

I think I'm a more casual fan of trek than a hardcore trekkie, and I'm thrilled about a new movie. I didn't even know this forum existed on the board until today! :lol:

14. M'Sharak

Heya, star! Nice to see you. :D

Edit:

And Happy Birthday (a little late.)

15. star

Thanks M'Sharak. I have a feeling that over the next few months I will be living here. Looks cozy.

:lol:

16. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

welcome star..
    have you visited the blue nacelle thread yet..
    ;)

17. star

Just finished all 71 pages of it... now moving onto the Spock shouting thread.

18. Sierra

Sierra Cadet Newbie

I've been a Trekkie all my life, raised on reruns of TOS that my father watched. I've loved it ever since. I'm really excited about the up-coming movie, and I sincerely hope that I'm not disappointed.

I just not joined Trek BBS due to my interest in the up-coming movie.

19. star

That's how it starts. And then next thing you know you're a rear admiral with a sombrero wearing avatar...

:techman:

20. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

^ Welcome to the board. (To Sierra)

Many folks around here know me. Most of the time I generally avoid the trek forums, but over the past few days having been spending more time in this forum. Not the biggest TOS fan, but I will see the film sometime in that opening weekend hopefully. It shall be interesting to see what happens.