X-Men: Apocalypse announced for May 2016

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I agree that doing AoA wouldn't make much sense, especially not after a movie involving time travel and alternate realities in the first place. (I also think the AoA storyline is overrated and mostly gets a pass for a) the cool factor and b) Blink.)

But Apocalypse's origin doesn't have to involve any of the wankery his comic origin offers. Just have him be an ancient, really powerful mutant who wants to ignite a war not just between humans and mutants, but mutants and mutants, until only the strongest are left. In fact, he could be the big bad pulling the strings in DoFP, which lets that movie set up the next one.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Quitter.

There is no reason to believe that season two isn't moments away from being shipped.

This is the first ten minutes of the movie...

Ozymandias is narrating, and carving the legend into stone... Apocalypses Horse Men attack. maybe not the X-Men outright at first, but eventually you begin to wonder who these Horse men are. Obviously Death is Angel, that's just about impossible not to get immediately...

But what about Cyclops?

He was a Horseman.. Famine I believe. :)

But we are figuring out that the X-men are now Horsemen and they work for Some guy who thinks hes...

Tap Mr Sinister, which taps Madelyne Pryor.

Oooo.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

before the credits start, Charles Darwin in an Argument with En Sabah Nur about God and creationism in a gentleman's club in the 1850s... En Sabah eventually breaks his arm and is heard to say "Survival of the fittest" as he walks away from the screaming wreck of a human.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Aaaaaaaaah!!! Apocalypse is my all time favorite X-Villain!!!

Thought somehow I doubt he's going to be a blue-lipped 5,000 year old External with Celestial armor and a skycraper sized spaceship...

I really doubt this is going to be AoA though. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too out there for the "realistic" movie world.

Maybe they'll adapt his first appearance @X-Factor #25 when he turns Angel into Archangel the Horseman of Death.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Didn't the 90s cartoon also have Apocalypse connected to the events of DOFP? I could the new movie build off the events of DOFP, perhaps inspired by either cartoon series.

6. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

That's right, Bishop saved the X-Men from the Sentinels but upon returning to the future discovered there was a new Virus which was killing mutants, the virus had been created by Apocalypse. It wouldn't surprised me if DOFP lead into this somehow, even with an after credits scene. Singer seems to be a bit influenced by that 90s cartoon.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No, but their version of DoFP introduced Bishop, and Bishop's second appearance was in a different time-travel story that did involve Apocalypse (and Cable). That's probably what you're thinking of.

8. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Well, I could go for film adaptations of the The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix and The Further Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix. I'd love an Age of Apocalypse film - I vaguely remember Wizard: The Guide to Comics coming up with dream casting for an AoA film many years ago.

I remember someone reporting a long time ago that Singer had plans for the franchise. I wonder if he could be creating a new trilogy with a storyline that will play out over multiple films. I also wonder if it makes my original assumption wrong, that the time traveling of DoFP will change history (and what was shown in the first three films).

The possibilities are exciting.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

that would be cool...

#1 Days of Future Past
    #2 introducing Apocalypse
    #3 Age of Apocalypse

10. Alidar Jarok

I thought Mysique was working for Apocalypse when she assassinated Senator Kelly?

BTW, do we think it'll be called X-Men: Apocalypse or X-Men: Age of Apocalypse? The Age thing might have a bit of confusion with Avengers: Age of Ultron, but they're several years apart so that might not matter at all.

11. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

It does seem quite early, only two years after DOFP (when it was 3 with the X-Trilogy)
    Especially if this is seperate from the X-Force movie, with this article only released two days ago

Rob Liefeld praises Jeff Wadlows X-Force script

12. Christopher

Hmm, I suppose she probably was. But Apocalypse didn't actually appear in the story.

13. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I will be very, very curious to see their visual take on the character.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I've never been a big fan of Apocalypse, but he's probably a good choice for a movie.

15. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, one year.
    Avengers 2- 2015
    X-Men Apocalypse- 2016

16. Alidar Jarok

I keep forgetting that Avengers is so far away. So what are the 2014 movies, Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy? Didn't Avengers have two other movies that year?

17. Christopher

Yes, currently slated for April and August respectively. Avengers: Age of Ultron is for May 2015 and Ant-Man for July '15.

I don't understand the question.

18. Alidar Jarok

Am I correct in remembering that Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers all came out in the same year?

19. Christopher

Oh, I see. Actually, no, The Avengers came out the following year. Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were both in 2008, IM2 was in 2010, Thor and Cap were '11, Avengers was '12, IM3 and Dark World were this year.

20. Alidar Jarok

OK. Then I guess it's about the same. I guess I forgot that Avengers was all by itself. Maybe it was just that it came out with TDKR.