Seekers covers

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, May 8, 2014.

1. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

USA Today is covering the release of a Star Trek book? That's pretty impressive!

3. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

They also say Endeavour is the focus of the first book, and Sagitarrius the second - even though the covers show the reverse, and the extract from "Second Nature" which they have said features Endeavour focuses on the character of Theriault, who we know is a member of the Sagitarrius crew ;p

4. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Beautiful covers!

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're not bad, though I preferred the placeholder images we've had since this series was first announced last year.

Something I'm wondering though, the article says the first book will be released on July 22, which indeed all sites where you can order the book are listing as its release date. However, all Trek paperbacks these days are traditionally, almost exclusively released on the last Tuesday of the month, which for July would be the 29. Any reason this book is getting an earlier release? Or is something we can expect to change between now and July? For example, I remember a book from a couple of years back originally had a release date of middle of January but in the end it was out the last Tuesday of December anyway.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I was pleasantly surprised to find this in my morning paper!

7. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Maybe so it will be available at Shore Leave, where it was announced last year?

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

9. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:techman:Nice to see Usa today featuring The Seekers books .In the past they've featured other Star trek books that were best sellers.

10. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

The blurb about which crews are featured in which book has been corrected in the online edition of the story.

Those interested in a bit more detail on the story can check out my blog post about the new covers.

11. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't wait to read these books. I am enjoying the Vanguard books so far, and the story flows like an episode of the series. All that is missing are establishing shots of the ships, stations and planets at the beginning of a chapter.

-Chris

12. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Great looking covers! I'm very excited for another non-Enterprise focused 23rd century series. I'm pre-ordering them now :techman:

13. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

I'm not sure that I love the covers. They look like they were drawn using colored pencils. I like full CGI ones such as the covers for The Fall.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You know, Keith Birdsong, who was the most acclaimed Trek-novel cover artist for much of the '90s, did his strikingly realistic cover art exclusively in colored pencil.

16. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

They actually had been planned to be more painterly, like hand-drawn art from the 1970s, but things went in a different direction during production and revision. My original hope was that we would produce new books that looked so retro people might think they were reprints of 1970s-era stories. Alas, that's not how it turned out. Still, I'm happy with these covers as a starting point, and we'll aim to have even cooler images on future installments.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really like those covers. It's always cool when we see TrekLit getting covered by the mainstream media. Some of the books released over the last few have been NYT Bestsellers, so that probably helped to raise the books profile.

18. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Great covers! Super excited for these books.

19. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very cool covers. So retro I can practically smell the mold on the yellow faded paper! ;)

20. bfollowell

bfollowell Captain Captain

I don't think I like these quite as much as the place-holders we've been shown for awhile now. It's probably that I think those looked closer to the old 70s books they were emulating than these do, but only by a little. Still, these are very nice covers and I do like them quite a bit. No complaints from me. Sort of like choosing between ice cream and cheese cake for dessert. I may have a favorite, but I'm certainly not going to complain about either!

- Byron