Phoenix Comic-Con 2013 has quite the lineup of Sf/F actors and writers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Apr 20, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was just curious if anyone here was going to next month's Phoenix Comic-Con? They've got a hell of a line up of guests this year. I've wanted to go for the last 3 years, but haven't been able to yet. I'm hoping I might be able to this year, but I don't know if I can yet.
    The entire B5 cast and JMS
    *Gigi Edgely and David Franklin, Chiana and Bracca from Farscape
    *Amanda Tapping, Stargate's Sam Carter and Sanctuary's Helen Magnus
    *Anthony Michael Hall, the Dead Zone TV series' Johnny Smith, Mike Engle in The Dark Knight, and Walter Sykes on Warehouse 13.
    *Chandler Riggs Laurie Holden, and Michael Rooker, The Walking Dead's Carl Riggs, Andrea and Merle Dixon
    *Cindy Morgan, Tron's Yori
    *Dean Cain, Lois and Clark's Clark Kent/Superman
    *Garret Wang, ST:VOY's Harry Kim
    *Jewel Staite, Firefly's Kaylee and SG:A's Dr. Keller
    *John Barrowman, Doctor Who and Torchwood's Capt. Jack Harkness, and Arrow's Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer
    *John Scalzi, author of Old Man's War series, Redshirts, Fuzzy Nation, and The Human Division
    *Kristin Bauer and Rutina Wesley, True Blood's Pam and Tara Thorton
    *Larry Nemecek, writer of ST:TNG Companion and numerous other Trek BTS writings
    *Morgan Gendel, writer of ST:TNG episode The Inner Light
    *Nichele Nichols, Nyota Uhrua from ST:TOS
    *Peter David, writer of ST:TNG Imzadi, the ST:New Frontier series, the X-Factor comic book series, and several B5 episodes
    *Sam Witwer, Being Human's Aiden Waite, Smallville's David Blood/Doomsday, and SW:CW's Darth Maul,
    *Walter Koenig, ST:TOS's Pavel Chekov and B5's Alfred Bester
    *Wil Weaton, ST:TNG's Wesley Crusher, and himself on The Big Bang Theory
    *Brandon Sanderson, writer of the Mistborn novels, The Stormlight Archives novels, and the last 3 Wheel of Time novels
    *Cherie Priest, writer of the Clockwork Century novels
    *Jeff Mariotte, writer of ST: The Lost Era: Deny Thy Father, ST:SCE: No Surrender, Angel: The Curse, and Angel: Old Friends
    *Kelley Armstrong, author of the Women of the Otherworld, and Darkest Powers novels
    *Kevin Hearn, author of The Iron Druid Chronicles novels
    *Michael A. Stackpole, author of SW: X-Wing: Rogue Squadron, SW: I, Jedi, and the SW: New Jedi Order: Darl Tide novels
    *Terry Brooks, author of the Shannara novels
    *Timothy Zahn, SW: Thrawn trilogy, SW: Hand of Thrawn duology, SW: Soundrels

2. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Re: Phoenix Comic-Con 2013 has quite the lineup of Sf/F actors and wri

I've gone the last 2 years, but I swore up and down last year I would never go again (it was a miserable time)... Until I saw it announced that JMS was attending. Now I'm thinking about going if only to see him speak and maybe catching some B5 stuff. Soooooo, maybe for me.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was it that bad? I first heard about it from a guy I used to work with who said he had gone in the past and really enjoyed it.

4. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

I'll be there. I don't think there's likely to be another 'gathering' of B5 folks like this again.

Jan

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Turns out my sister and brother-in-law are going, so depending on my work schedule I might be joining them.