‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Wonder Woman sometimes sporting Greco-Roman armor goes back at least as far as the Perez reboot ca. 1986, before Xena or the other examples posted here. She also notably wore armor in Kingdom Come.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And that right there is the key problem with Man of Steel. When you make a Superman film that isn't appropriate for children then you've seriously screwed up.

3. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

:rolleyes: No. You've simply presented a different take on the character--much like the myriad examples of comic book takes on Superman that I would not let my 8 year old read, but that I find thoroughly entertaining.

That YOU don't like the MoS take on Superman does NOT mean it's "screwed up". It means YOU didn't like it. Then again, an audience member has no right demand a film or any other artistic endeavour be satisfactory. He has the right to voice displeasure after the fact, not a right to satisfaction itself.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, no shit. I thought that was obvious and went without saying.

5. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

<checks library>

Every scrap of the little kid friendly Superman canon (around 80 years worth) still exists. That should be plenty of adventures to hold them over while they grow age appropriate for MOS and beyond.

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Or until there's a movie that's worth watching. ;):p

7. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sure the costume is going to be as brown in the movie as it looks in that picture. The entire picture has a sepia cast to it, I'm reasonably certain it will lean more towards red and blue on screen.

8. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Zack Snyder has sepia fetish

If you include the recent WW photo, and work your way back you get this:

Man of Steel: The scenes on Krypton and the dream sequence come to mind
    [​IMG]

Suckerpunch
    [​IMG]

Watchmen: Vietnam, scenes with Silk Spectre II and Rorscach
    [​IMG]

300: The whole movie
    [​IMG]

Dawn of the Dead
    [​IMG]

I can't recall is Legend of the Guardians had sepia, probably though.

9. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Yep.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

This color adjusted version of the pic would seem to bear that out. The colors are still muted, but the chest plate is red and the skirt section is blue.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

And the latest story rumor is that WW has actually been operating quietly in the real world for a while (presumably only as Diana), and that the reason no one ever mentioned Batman in MOS is because he's still only regarded as an urban legend, and had never even been photographed. Which is the explanation I was kind of expecting them to go with.

13. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoy how Bruce Wayne saved someone in that clip. Way to upstage Superman. :lol:

14. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Yep. Sure did upstage the guy who saved, oh, 7 BILLION people from annihilation. Yessiree.

15. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Did he save those people? I'm sure it was a nice bonus that came with snapping Zod's neck. :p

16. Captaindemotion

I saw that story but it suggested that Batman had been operating for 30 years and would be in his 50s in this film. Subsequent stories confirmed that he's in his 40s. So those reports may not be entirely reliable.

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it's hard enough to buy Affleck being in his 40s, let alone his 50s.

I do really like the idea of many of these new characters already being established on Earth though (but just operating much more quietly and in secret). It feels a bit more plausible than if all these people just suddenly started getting superpowers after Superman showed up. Plus it avoids having to sit through a bunch of origin stories.

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Well, since Clark is a reporter, maybe the movie starts with him looking into rumors of other heroes operating in the world.

19. Captaindemotion

Yes, I've always liked the idea of Batman being sort of an urban myth that nobody is really sure about.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I saw Haywire and In the Blood over the last two nights and I couldn't help but wish that Gina Carano had been Wonder Woman. Someone even made a jab at her and called her "Wonder Woman" in Haywire.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwcys2PUtsA[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLj87gSx2U0[/yt]

Looks like they're trying to set her up as one of the next big action stars but it hasn't taken. Being cast as Wonder Woman migh thave given her that boost.

Just a shoutout for Carano. I'm still looking forward to seeing Gal Gadot in the role.

Gina Carano Talks Wonder Woman and Gal Gadot

I do too, but could someone like that operate for a decade or more and possibly fight off a rogues gallery and never be seen, especially in a world where Superman can barely keep a secret identity?