DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

There really isn't that much difference to the two issues, most of the action happens in Aquaman. We just see the initial attacks and the Clark and Diana stuff in Justice League. I was mainly being nitpicky ;)

2. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Justice League really has taken a bump up in quality since Jim Lee left.

3. Admiral_Young

^ Agreed totally. I've picked it back up full time now. The difference is just amazing.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

5. Admiral_Young

6. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Hmm maybe Starfire will have a personality beyond walking sex-dispenser, now.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Meh.

8. Admiral_Young

Batman Incorporated #6 was simply magnificent. Things are starting to become more clearer now as we continue to march towards the May grand finale. We now know for sure who Talia's "Ubu" is from a single would of text, and it's pretty much been theorized for a long time now since we first saw him. I think either House of UIster or Allyn Gibson first made the suggestion way back when. We see how Damian first gets his cat "Alfred" from Alfred himself!!! Also a little bit more of Talia's plan (this is the most fanatical she has ever been written before). I think the last three issues have been my favourite since Leviathan Strikes! I can't wait for the next issue. I love Chris Burnham's artwork as well.

9. Trekker4747

I'm still really, really, liking Superman. This book has improved greatly with the current creative staff that is on it.

10. Admiral_Young

Scott Lobell is writing something good for once? I've only read I think the first couple of issues of his (including the zero issue which I liked)...don't personally have any interest in this H'el story line, been waiting for it to conclude before I check it out again.

11. Trekker4747

I highly recommend this issue. Superman encounters Lex in a specially designed prison (designed by Lex to contain only him) and this portrayal of Lex is the best I think I've ever seen. The H'El bit is minor -we only learn a bit more about what his grand plan is and how he'll accomplish it- the book also ends with the appearance of the JLA. But this book is worth picking up for the Lex stuff alone.

12. Admiral_Young

Yeah, I have to admit that I was curious about the Lex stuff. The cover looked gorgeous as always. I forgot that Lex was in prison after his actions (no pun intended) in Action Comics.

13. Trekker4747

The book has suggested something more has happened between Lex and Superman, resulting in Lex having some nasty facial scars.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Justice League Dark #15 - this book continues to keep me interested. I think it's a little jewel that's managed to hold on amid the other cancellations. Hopefully it's luck continues.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since they have all of the New 52 collections available for the Nook I've been thinking about just jumping into them with an occasional pre-relaunch story, rather than focusing on pre-Relaunch stuff.
    I definitely plan on picking up Batman, Action Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Justice League Dark, and The Flash.
    My maybes are Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Justice League, and Birds of Prey.

16. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Animal Man and Swamp Thing are really great books.

17. Admiral_Young

Justice League gets better after Jim Lee's departure. If you follow it from the start, you'll most likely notice the difference right away.

18. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's too bad Fawkes didn't replace Simone on Batgirl. He and Lemire have done a great job with JLD15.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^^
    True, that would've been interesting to see perhaps. Kinda glad though the team isn't broken up so the "magic" stays with JLD.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn. For some reason they don't have a Nook version of the first Flash TPB. I might just go ahead and get the individual digital issue on Comixology.