Rewatching

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by JeffinOakland, Jan 13, 2015.

1. JeffinOakland

JeffinOakland Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm rewatching everything in this order:

TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, TAS, The Movies, TOS (I'm in Season 4 of ENT)

Would you rewatch everything? In what order?

2. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After the first watching (in order), I just watch my favorites in no particular order other than what I feel like looking at again at the time.

3. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't mind, but...

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLMSf4afzo[/yt]

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

This. Whatever my mood is and however much time I have really determines what I watch.

If I was to do a "rewatch" I would want to do it in the following order:

TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT.

5. uniderth

uniderth Commodore Commodore

I'm in the process of watching all of Star Trek. I'm not sure though it counts as a rewatch because I started with my first complete viewing of Deep Space Nine. I'm now watching every episode of Voyager, I've seen most of them before. Following this I'll watch The Next Generation(there still might be some of these that I've previously missed). Then I'll watch Star Trek followed by The Animated Series.

6. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Awhile back I rewatched all of TNG, TOS, TAS and the films in production order. Lately I've been getting an urge to rewatch TOS and TAS agin but in stardate order. I've already got a list of all the episodes in stardate order.

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

No. I doubt I could manage it. I'm still not through the stng season 7 blurays.

RAMA

8. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

I did it awhile ago. Took about 4 years to get through everything, as I recall. I took the time to put together a personal timeline and watched the TNG/TNG movies/DS9/Voyager episodes as they would have been happening in universe, as near as I could tell. I'll admit that I didn't include Enterprise.

9. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just can't see the point in a "complete rewatch", even episodes/movies you don't enjoy. Surely life is too short? Obviously if you've never seen them, watch them once to check them out, but it seems odd to rewatch rubbish just to say "I've done a complete rewatch".

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Helps if you're trying to earn your Starfleet merit badge, I guess.

11. JeffinOakland

There are individual episodes that suck but none of it is rubbish (ok maybe TNG Season 7). Personally, I don't watch ST by sitting on the edge of my seat staring raptly at the tv screen taking notes. I'm usually doing something else along w watching, like reading or cleaning. It's television, not homework.

12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I couldn't rewatch everything, no way.

I tried doing a DS9 rewatch a year or two ago and that was like pulling teeth. I had to fast-forward through entire episodes after the teasers.

TOS and TAS are the only ones I've have a chance of making it all the way through completely. Next time I do a complete rewatch of TOS or TAS, I'll try them in production order, something I've never done before. Till then, I'm just popping in my favorites, or catching them on MeTV.

Otherwise, each new series becomes progressively less and less interesting, and that's roughly true of the films too, until it comes to nuTrek.

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I do rewatches of series, generally in order but skipping episodes I don't like. But I don't watch series in any sequence. When I feel like watching TNG, I watch TNG. When I feel like watching DS9, I watch DS9.

DS9 I rewatch most often, followed by TNG and Voyager. I rarely watch TOS or Ent and when I do watch Ent I start at the start of season 3.

I actually like TNG and DS9 about equally but in college I had all of TNG on VHS and power-watched it frequently. It's much harder to watch now since I've seen every episode like 20 times as opposed to the 5 or 6 times for DS9.

14. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

I started with TOS back around summertime, then went into TAS, then the TOS movies.

And I'm now starting on TNG Season 6, and I'm going to start interchanging TNG and DS9 in chronological order.

Then I'm going to do the same thing with DS9 and Voyager.

And then I'm going to watch Enterprise. I did consider watching Enterprise before TOS, but I figure some things in Enterprise may lose context if I do it that way, and so I'm watching Enterprise after Voyager, followed by the Abramsverse.

That's the plan.

15. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've had TOS and DS9 on DVD since each was released in season sets, so I've rewatched them the most. A few years ago I got Enterprise, and I don't watch it as much as TOS or DS9 but it's entered the rotation often enough. I've not felt the desire to get either TNG or Voyager, and at this point I can't imagine I ever will, there's not nearly enough episodes of either one I ever want to see again.

As for a straight through, in order re-watch of the whole thing? I doubt I'd ever have time for such a thing, and I'm sure I'd get bored with an episode here or there and decide to skip it in favor of the next one, and there goes the intent of the whole endeavor.

16. Dude111

Dude111 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yes I love watching what i love.. The original Series and the Original 6 movies :)

17. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Kind of surprised by the negative responses to a complete rewatch. Figured it'd be something almost everyone around here did at least once.

18. JeffinOakland

Me too. If you're dedicated enough to ST that you participate in ST comment forums, then it would make sense that a rewatch wouldn't be an outlandish suggestion.

19. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Interest and enthusiasm are not synonyms for dedication or commitment.

And a lot of people like some of the shows but not all of them.

The only series I've seen all of are TOS, TAS and the movies. I've seen maybe half of TNG, a dozen DS9s, and a handful or Voyagers and Enterprises, because none of those grabbed me. These days I would only bother rewatching the segments I actually liked.

20. JeffinOakland

fair nuff