TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. seven_of_nineski

seven_of_nineski Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

V

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. seven_of_nineski

seven_of_nineski Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with this...Picard is by far my favorite on TNG and probably my favorite in all of Star Trek. His character is so deep, intriguing, and there always seems to be more than meets the eye with him. The fact that he is such an honorable man and seeks to live for truth causes me to like him even more. Though he's not perfect, Picard is such a good example and representation for how mankind and the Federation should strive to be.

3. gabby12

gabby12 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm Gabby. TNG is my favorite Star Trek universe/show/film...everything.

4. James Wright

James Wright Commodore Commodore

My name is James & I'm a Star Trek fan, the only one in my family, guess a few of you know how that goes!
    I gotta tell you when TNG first aired I didn't like it but somewhere along the way that changed, I can't say when but TNG became one of my favorite Trek shows.
    TOS is still the best but TNG is right there with it!

JDW

5. Devorah

Devorah Ensign Newbie

Holodeck doorway and arch constructed from 9600 spools of thread

My solo exhibition opening March 20, 2008 in NYC includes a fully functioning Holodeck constructed from 9,600 spools of thread. Fully functioning you ask? Well.... on a conceptual level it is. The perspective of the installation places viewers inside the Holodeck so the gallery becomes a fully functioning Holodeck simulation program.
    Images and more info about the exhibition:
    http://www.devorahsperber.com/caren_golden_show_3_08/index.html
    http://carengoldenfineart.com/
    [​IMG]

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Holodeck doorway and arch constructed from 9600 spools of thread

Hi everyone.

This seemed the best place to say hello.

Some of you will know me from the Misc forum, which I've modded for a while now. I'm going to be moderating in here as well from now.

TNG's my favourite series and I'm really looking forward to discussing it a bit more again. I used to post in this forum a fair bit years ago but kind of drifted away for the last few years. But TNG remains the only Trek forum I kept on my Favourite Forums list on the old UBBThreads software and on my Subscribed Forums list here on vBulletin. I still read it regularly.

TNG's a great series with some truly wonderful characters and some of the best episodes in the entire Star Trek canon.

Hope you don't mind me joining the forum; I'm really looking forward to it! :cool:

7. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Welcome, Holdfast! Enjoy your stay. :techman:

BTW, who's that in your av?

8. Holdfast

Thanks for the welcome Belar.

The lady in the av is the always delectable Mary Poppins!

Like her, I'll be here until the wind changes direction... :)

9. Michael

^ Ah, supercalifragilisticly right. I was almost sure I knew her.

10. Maniarek

Maniarek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Huge TNG & DS9 fan here! TNG will always be special to me because it’s what got me hooked to Star Trek and interested in sci-fi in general. DS9 was even more amazing than TNG coz it took Star Trek to a whole new level. Terrorism, politics & war were never really explored in great detail in TNG and that’s what made DS9 so good.

I’ve seen the first five seasons of Voyager but that was at least 5 years ago so I really don’t remember all that much. But I thoroughly enjoyed Voyager & plan on watching it again eventually. As for Enterprise after the first few episodes I lost interest. I haven’t ruled out the possibility of giving it another go at some point in the future.

TOS believe it or not I’ve never seen! However it’s at the very top of my must-see list of shows.

Oh btw I’m not a new member, have been with Trekbbs for almost a year, just thought I’d introduced myself briefly as a fan!

Thx,
    Maniarek.

11. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi there, My name is Bridgette and really I've only been a Star Trek fan for about 2 years. My ex got me interested and now I am hooked. I have only watched seasons 2, 4, 5 and 6 of TNG and a few episodes here and there. I love everything about TNG, it was really the first I saw of Star Trek. I have since watched seasons 1 through 6 of Voyager and catch Enterprise every Monday night.
    I must say that I am glad to be here, I have been to other sites and to make a long story short...I decided to leave them behind and by luck I found this place. I am looking forward to getting to know more people and talk about S.T.

12. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

Welcome Bridgette. Always good to hear coming of a new fan. However, you should repost this as the start of a new thread, rather than having it buried here. You will get a lot more replies that way and a much warmer welcome.

Maybe the mods would do the good ensign a favor in this case??

13. Holdfast

I don't know, to me this thread seems the appropriate place to say hello.

Welcome to TNG, Bridgette.

14. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the warm welcomes mythme and Holdfast. It truly is great to be here.;)

15. lovetrek74

lovetrek74 Ensign Newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, just signed up today. Big fan of TOS back in the day of early re-runs and a bigger fan of TNG!

Picard, as others have said, to me epitomizes what Trek is about. He is certainly my favorite character in the philosophic sense. Great role model.

When it comes to comedy, I think Data and Worf are just priceless. I have never been a big Klingon fan, finding them (as did GR) basically "un-Trek", at least originally. Fortunately, Worf was handled in a way to rectify this and I love that!

Starting watching TOS in 1974, hence my handle. Was reading the Blish adaptations at the same time and it was heaven. One of the old covers can still evoke some of that special feeling.

But TNG surpassed TOS, in my opinion, in the all-important philosophical area.

Question for the forum: Haven't gotten into Voyager much. Given what I have said above, do you think I would like it? It is not possible to rent it here (Yokohama) so I would like some heads up about it before I buy.

Thank you all. Glad to be here. Good therapy for my Trek-addiction! ;-)

LT74

16. witchbsword

witchbsword Ensign Red Shirt

Hey, I'm WitchbSword, Witch for short. I don't want to give my real name because I'm paranoid and I also don't like it. lol!

Anyway, I'm a new Star Trek fan and I've just started getting into all the series by watching a few random episodes from each one. The only one I haven't seen yet is Deep Space 9. Is that any good? TNG seems to be better than Voyager and Enterprise, but all three so far have been pretty cool.

Anyway, this forum seemed very friendly, so I thought I'd sign up, say hello, and learn more about Star Trek! :techman:

P.S.- This is probably in the FAQs or something and I'm not that great at forums, but can someone help? I would like to have an avatar, but when I go to "Edit Avatar" it won't let me "unclick" the option for "Do not use an Avatar". do i have to be at a certain level or use something special?

17. Michael

Hey witchbsword! Welcome to this board. Always nice to see that there really are NEW Trek fans. :)

Hell yes, it is! ;)

You need 50 posts (and a certain time of membership) to be able to upload an avatar. There should be a text above the forum listing which explains that. But don't worry, 50 posts go by pretty fast. :bolian:

18. witchbsword

witchbsword Ensign Red Shirt

Lol! thanks.

yeah, i've always been a scifi fan in general, but never watched ST. But it's all over pop culture and parodied everywhere, so I thought I'd give it a try. I caught a few episode of Voyager on Spike TV and I've enjoyed ST since then! My friends and family laugh, but they're used to my quirkiness by now.:p

19. Objective Voice

Objective Voice Ensign

TNG is classic and though some of the styles and effects on the show are wearing a bit thin due to time, the stories are still relevant and I enjoy watching TNG even now 20 years later.

20. DeeEss57

DeeEss57 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello, everyone. Dawn here from Minnesota. I'm old enough to have watched the original series on network tv. (Although I didn't discover Trek until the 70s.) Been a TNG fan since 'Farpoint'. My favorite character is Picard, with Q second.

I really miss TNG on tv. But thank god for Trek books and fan fiction, of which I am an avid reader.

I definitely do NOT like CBS's attitude towards any Trek that's not the new movie. The 40th anniversary of Trek and the 20th anniversary of TNG could have been better celebrated.

But, anyway, it's nice to find a place to chat about TNG.

DES
    From many... One.