View Single Post
Old August 13 2014, 12:07 AM   #159
jespah
Commodore

View jespah's Twitter Profile
Re: So I have FINALLY started watching Enterprise... love it so far!!

Hi and welcome Shantea!

/puts out plate of cookies and assorted pitchers of beverages/

Yeah, Travis ... oy. His role was a lot like the lesser known players in TOS, like the guy(s?) who Chekov replaced. Faceless, barely known. Which is unfortunate - the opportunity to work with a space boomer should've been one that Archer seized a lot more. But it's a numbers game. The show's only have a limited amount of screen time. Add more to one person or pairing, and another one suffers. By the time we get to S3 and the Trip/T'Pol pairing, it's taking up a lot of screen time.

And the song, yeah, Bakula (I wish I could recall where I'd read this) said the addition of I think a tambourine or the like was something of a WTF moment, but he'd had that with Quantum Leap. The theme song was changed there, too, after a few years. I suppose there's a thought that it's fresher or something but yeah, the mood was absolutely not like that happy, cheery sound at all. Would've made a lot more sense to go in the other direction, slowing down the theme song, making it even sparer, really pointing up their isolation and moral ambiguities.
jespah is offline   Reply With Quote