View Single Post
Old August 10 2014, 04:10 AM   #1702
Janeway's Girl
Re: Voyager Fanfics, Creations, and Favorite Videos

I became inspired after reading ''Mosaic''. I apologize for any grammatical errors or inaccuracies regarding Star Trek. First part below:

Before Voyager
Kathryn Janeway looked at the clock for the third time that night. It read 24:11. She had to be up in six hours but she couldn't seem to fall asleep. Her mind raced with anxiety and anticipation. She turned away from the clock, determined to get some shut eye. Just then, a hand touched her on the shoulder. ''Kath, are you okay?'' It was her fiancée, Mark, now staring at her with wide eyes. ''I'm sorry. Did I wake you?'', she asked. ''You could say that. Do you want to talk about it?'' Kathryn knew there was no use in hiding her thoughts from Mark. He knew her too well. She sat up in the bed and let out a heavy sigh. ''It's the mission. What if something goes wrong? A lot of people are counting on me.'' Mark sat up beside her. ''You've been on missions before. How is this one any different?'' ''It's a rescue mission. Quite a bit different than collecting scientific data.'' Kathryn grew agitated that Mark failed to see the reasons behind her apprehension. ''Kath, you are a Starfleet Captain, trained to handle almost any situation. You will be fine. You are extremely smart and resourceful.'' She smiled at his praise. ''You can be quite the charmer, you know that?'' ''I have my moments.'' He edged closer and kissed her, then pulled her into his arms and sank down on the bed. He began stroking her hair as she laid her head on his chest. ''Now why don't you close your eyes and get some sleep.'' Kathryn fell asleep within minutes.
Janeway's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote