View Single Post
Old August 5 2014, 03:37 AM   #1718
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

I just can't help but crack up whenever Annie suddenly finds herself falling for the Dean but can't explain why.

I really liked the darkest timeline stuff in Season 4. I felt like, while Jeff & the study group had always accepted each other, "Advanced Introduction to Finality" was the sign that he was finally 100% one of them.

Aldo wrote: View Post
While I'm not big on the "Changnesia" storyline, I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit.
Overall, it's one of my least favorite episodes of the series. But I do love Jeff's conclusion at the end that Chang pretending to not be Chang anymore is probably the sanest decision he could make.

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
I just watched Repilot again. I love the way Harmon uses it to comment on the course of the series.

"Britta, you came here an eclectic anarchist, how did you become the group's airhead?"
"We all came here real people, and we turned into exaggerated cartoon characters!"
I think it's unfair for Harmon to blame Britta's development on Season 4. This was already a major problem with the character in Season 3 ever since "Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps." Even though Britta was pretty well in character in that episode, it started this offensively disrespectful attitude towards her from the other characters that eventually spread to Britta herself.

shivkala wrote: View Post
The whole "Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover"/"As I Lay Me Down" debate reminded me of seasons 1-3 Community. Also, having Pierce do something nice for one of the study group was touching.
Agreed. As a big Britta fan, that was one of my favorite episodes. (And I owe a big debt to that episode because I'd never heard of Sophie B. Hawkins before that episode. Now I'm a big fan.)

Aldo wrote: View Post
I did end up watching it today, and I can't really add anything that hasn't been said. I do really like how Pierce got a bit to do actually, it seems like so far he's just been around. Which I've a feeling the writers have no idea what to write for him because of how difficult he can be. I have a feeling Harmon was able to put up with him more, probably because Harmon comes off as a dick at times too.
I doubt it. I suspect it was just a matter of gradual decay. But I certainly wouldn't blame the writers for neglecting Pierce in the writing stage. Why bother making any effort writing him good material if there's only a 50-50 chance that he'll even bother shooting it?

Frankly, I'm still not sure why they brought him back for Season 3 when they had a perfect out for him at the end of Season 2. I don't think anyone really wanted him back that badly. (Unless the NBC execs were desperate to keep his name recognition to promote the series to older viewers.)