View Single Post
Old July 29 2014, 09:19 PM   #3196
AgentCoop
Fleet Captain

View AgentCoop's Twitter Profile
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
Is the reason not that Krypton was poisoned or contaminated before being destroyed and that's why it's fatal to him?
Kryptonite is radioactive. It's just that the radiation it produces effects Kryptonians much more drastically than humans. Presumably, it's a naturally occurring mineral on Krypton, just as there are naturally occurring radioactive minerals here on Earth.

Bad Bishop wrote: View Post
Maybe the first Kryptonians on Earth (whose spacecraft was discovered by Kal-El in MoS) had something to do with the creation of Kryptonite.
Maybe they used it to power their engines. Wasn't there something in MOS about the Kryptonians depleting their natural resources? Maybe they were mining it for fuel.

davejames wrote: View Post
Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
There could be any number of handwavium explanations for how Kryptonite works in the MOS - verse, but artificially re-creating the Kryptonian atmosphere seems the most in-line with what was established in MOS.
Agreed. I'd much rather Batman find a way to either recreate the Kryptonian atmosphere (perhaps by reverse-engineering a generator from one of the ships) or generate radiation similar to that of a red sun to cancel out Superman's powers.

Even if you can find a way to plausibly explain it, kryptonite has just been done to death by this point, and I'm really hoping they don't use it.
I don't know, a radioactive mineral seems a lot more "grounded" to me than Lex Luthor or Batman inventing something that magically recreates the atmosphere of Krypton.
AgentCoop is offline   Reply With Quote