View Single Post
Old July 29 2014, 01:34 PM   #22
Janeway's Girl
Fleet Captain

Re: Action Figures

fireproof78 wrote: View Post
Janeway's Girl wrote: View Post
fireproof78 wrote: View Post

Generally speaking, both 9 and 12 inch are dressed in cloth. I'm not a collector in the sense of keeping or displaying things, but I have been looking at creating displays of a bridge with one crew or another. The 9 inch has a little more variety, I've found, but the 12 inch can work with many other action figures in the same scale-GI JOE, Barbie, Star Wars, etc.

A quick run down on the 9 inch collection: https://www.mastercollector.com/arti...w102204-10.htm

12 inch had a little bit more variety, and was tied in with a couple of films (Insurrection and Star Trek 09, for instance), so it depends on what era you are wanting to collect.

Hope that helps!
Era? Meaning which series? Voyager!
Yep. Era or series, or movie, etc. It all is matter of what characters you want and what variety you want them in. I've been pretty impressed with the 9 inch collection (happened upon some at a local antique store) and the fact that Kirk has multiple uniforms can offer some variety.

Antique stores are a great place to scout out some hidden finds, especially many of the ones like around my home, which have multiple vendors in one building. Can find some good stuff there, but prices will vary.

What series are you think of looking for?
Voyager. Specifically Captain Janeway and The Doctor. I am toying with Amazon.com. There are a few sellers that have excellent reviews.
Janeway's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote