View Single Post
Old July 29 2014, 10:09 AM   #21
SPCTRE
Boobs

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Action Figures

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Janeway's Girl wrote: View Post
I have always thought it was weird to keep stuff in it's packaging. I understand people do that to make money off them but if you are just going to sell, what's the point of buying in the first place?
I think people who do that see the item solely as an investment.

I.E buy a special-print vinyl record for $30, keep it in the package, and two decades later it's worth $1000. People stick to things they're interested because they know a lot about it and can make educated guesses as to what its appreciation will be.
Well, I can only speak for myself, but I have to disagree.

I don't necessarily see the few items I own as an investment, I mostly like having them. I like displaying them (livingroom space allowing). Of course I wouldn't rule out selling some of the more limited collector's editions of video games or merch I own, but only if the value increases very, very substantially and I certainly don't plan to do so when I'm buying them.
Philitas of Cos, Greek intellectual, is said by Athenaeus to have studied arguments and erroneous word usage so intensely that he wasted away and starved to death. British classicist A. Cameron speculates that P. died from a wasting disease which his contemporaries joked was caused by his pedantry.
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote