View Single Post
Old September 24 2007, 05:08 PM   #19
Vice Admiral
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DanTheGrey
Re: The official welcome thread

Well let's see, started watching TOS re-runs on CBC when I was a kid in the late 1970's. Watched TNG from day 1 and fell solidly in love with DS9. I grew up watching the movies on VHS, and saw Voyage Home and Final Frontier and Undiscovered Country in the theatres.

Voyager came along and I started to doubt my faith in Star Trek. Generations was okay, First Contact was better and was the last Trek I saw in the theatre. Insurrection and Nemesis were watched on VHS and DVD respectively.

I left Enterprise after 6 episodes, though have found the few season 4 episodes that I've watched to be much better than anything from season 1.

I hope that the reboot is good. I think it might be a bit early, but am willing to give it a chance. That being said, Star Trek doesn't have the drawing power or guaranteed pass at the theatres it did when I was younger.

I also have gotten back into the novels and currently feel that that seems to be where the true spirit of Trek can be found.
Which is ideology? Which not? You shall know them by their assertion of truth, their contempt for considered reflection, and their fear of debate. -- John Ralston Saul (from the Doubter's Companion)
DanTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote