View Single Post
Old September 20 2007, 12:50 AM   #5
Wingsley
Commodore

Re: Refit Dreadnought.... Question?

KirkTrekModeler said:
What is canon, or pseudo-canon for a Refit Dreadnought? I know this may seem like a strange question, but I'm curious and would like the help of the most intelligent and knowledgable group of fans I know. That would be you, the regulars here in the Art Forum. Piutures would be most usefull. Thanks.
If, by "canon" you mean on-screen display of a ship (or schematic of a ship) in a STAR TREK feature film, to my knowledge there has never been a dreadnought revealed, other than TNG's "All Good Things..." finale and some vaugue schematics on bridge viewscreens in various Kirk-era feature films. If memory serves, a Federation-class dreadnought starship was shown on a viewscreen in the background in TMP #3, but never shown "in the flesh" and never in a "refit" configuration.

One reason I never totally bought into the tri-nacelle concept was that Kirk introduced the Excelsior as "the Great Experiment". If three nacelles were better than two, wouldn't Starfleet have built Excelsior to that specification? (Or, for that matter, the refit Enterprise?)