Thread: DS9 on blu ray?
View Single Post
Old July 8 2014, 12:01 AM   #684
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: DS9 on blu ray?

USS KG5 wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
Yes, however in you car analogy is that you can choose to go via the motorway or not.
Not if they didn't build you a motorway - it sucks trying to get into East Anglia for that reason, the only big road (the A14) is insanely overloaded. But, end of analogy I guess!

My solution would be for example say an upto 40Mb connection is £20 then if your exchange can only support upto 8Mb then you pay £4, upto 16Mb £8. Sounds fair to me and it might cause providers to upgrade the exchange.
Hasn't that sort of happened? As far as I can tell bog standard ADSL is now dirt cheap, whereas the high speed connectivity of Virgin Media, BT Infinity etc. commands a bit of a premium.

Don't forget as soon as the mobile operators stop focussing on charging silly money for haf a stinking gig of data on contracts lasting longer than those with the red horny guy, which should happen with a bit more competition, then we should have mobile data as an additional option.

Well living in area with standard ADSL upto 8Mb I can tell you it's not dirt cheap, it might be dirt cheap if its an LLU exchange but if your on a non LLU excahnge it's expensive.

If you are in a non LLU area, you’ll find that all the ADSL providers will be using BT wholesale, so you can’t expect much difference from one to another. The majority of non LLU deals will have restrictive download allowances. The rules that apply to a package in a town or city won’t apply to you! These packages will also be around £10 more expensive on average. Offers for non LLU broadband users are out there they’re just difficult to come by – so keep your eyes peeled!

http://www.inviewonline.co.uk/rural-...the-solutions/

so more expensive for an inferior service

When my exchange goes fibre I'll end up paying a few pound more than I currently pay

But we are going off topic
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote