View Single Post
Old June 18 2014, 10:12 PM   #26
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Re: Fun Music Thread: Lyrics you got wrong!!

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ And it didn't help that the Kingsmen were drunk off their asses when they did their version, OR that the actual lyrics are written with a lot of Jamaican slang.
Many moons ago, we had a radio station around here at 96.5FM that was in the middle of changing formats and building a new facility, and for whatever reason they decided to cease broadcasting their old format early, and instead played construction noises - boards being sawed, nails being driven, etc. After a week or so, I guess that got old, so they began playing music again. Like this:

"Louie Louie" by The Kingsmen, then, "Louie Louie" by The Kingsmen, and then a deep voiced announcer rapidly saying, "LOUIE 96.5. ALL Louie, ALL the time." And then back into "Louie Louie" again. All day and night long. For several weeks.

Man, I miss that station. I'm not even kidding - whenever nothing good was on any of the other stations, I at least knew I could go hear "Louie Louie".