View Single Post
Old June 17 2014, 09:47 PM   #123
ClayinCA
Commodore

Re: LE: One Constant Star by David R. George III Review Thread (Spoile

Bob Karo wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post

Well, good characters can come from bad sources/stories. I like her, although hearing that she was connected to that stupid story makes it seem like we're very lucky that she turned out to be a decent character.
I have to agree with you there. There's a pretty good book by DRGIII, where he takes this young officer character from one of my least favorite films and show's him to be an interesting character with a lot of depth. It's amazing how likeable he comes across considering the crappy source of the character.
I wish posts had a "like" button.

As for me, ironically I've read every Star Trek book by DRGIII except Serpents and this new one, though in both cases it's just because I haven't gotten around to them yet; indeed, I hadn't realized until recently that One Constant Star was such a direct continuation from Serpents. For me at least, that's going to work out to a good thing, because I'll probably just read one right after the other (which is what I did with DRG's last couple of books, and that worked out great).

I'm really glad to hear all the positivity surrounding this book--I've liked every David R. George book I've read thus far, and I'm looking forward to this one a lot. I just wish I had more time in my reading schedule.
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote