I really don't get this.
TFF was at a level of stupid that Nemesis couldn't hope to replicate.
Nemesis isn't even my least favourite Next Gen movie, flawed as it was - Insurrection and especially Generations were worse.
TFF is just cringeworthy. Sybok, the God creature, flying to the centre of the galaxy, the effects, Uhura's dance, I could on and on. Utterly cringeworthy...
IMO, compared to Nemesis I'd say that Insurrection was quality entertainment and Generations was downright Oscar-worthy.
- I found Sybok to be quite refreshing and Luckinbill's performance was superb.
- What exactly did you find "cringe-worthy" about "God?"
- I couldn't care less about the Enterprise flying to the center of the galaxy anymore than I could care less about it flying to the edge of the galaxy in multiple TOS episodes.
- The effects (at least the ones in space) were pretty horrible, I'll give you that.
- The only problem I have with Uhura's dance is that they didn't let Nichols actually sing the song.
As in all things, your mileage might vary.