View Single Post
Old June 14 2014, 12:43 AM   #2632
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Word on the street is that WB wants to wait some time before commissioning another solo Batman adventure in order to have enough time pass after Nolan's Batman trilogy, which honestly makes a lot of sense (something Sony could have benefited from with their Amazing Spider-Man reboot if they didn't have the rights issue to contend with).
Hmmm...I seem to recall being taken to task around these parts last year for daring to suggest that they might take this approach....

Ben Affleck is also 41 and in six years he'll be 47, which might be too old for Batman.
Not if they're looking to TDKR for inspiration...Batman doesn't get too old, he just gets meaner.

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
A look at LexCorp
Reminds me of my old Saturn dealership....

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
Also most casual readers identified Billy Baston as Shazam because that's the word he spoke to activate his powers. It irked me a little bit when they did this for New52, but after reading the comic, I liked the change. It's not like Shazam is an inappropriate name or that the wizard who shares the name was that influential to the story telling. More power to both DC and Marvel for doing different things with their characters. Especially Carol Danvers. Funny thing is, Supergirl during the 90's was called Linda Danvers. DC and Marvel always lifting ideas from one another.
Wait, so is the current version of Cap in the same situation that Cap Jr. used to be in...not being able to say his own name?

Also, FWIW, the Linda Danvers name dates back to the 60s, before Carol Danvers was even a supporting character, from when the original version of the character was adopted by a family named Danvers.