View Single Post
Old September 2 2007, 04:03 AM   #129
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Phily B said:
"Deathwalker"
I thought this one was ok, just had a really weak and predictable ending. It's still confusing to me why all the species on B5 have an ambassador, but Sinclair is a military man and acts as one? But I thought it was a decent episode, but the psychic part really annoyed me a bit. Like I said, the ending was horribly predictable (it was just a matter of how her ship was going to blow up)and a bit of a reset button.
Telepaths. Not psychics, telepaths. They're never referred to as psychics, they're referred to as telepaths. That's telepaths. And they're here for the duration, so get used to them.

What this episode contributes to most is the image of the Vorlons. Kosh is screwing with Talia's head for his own nefarious purposes. This subplot was actually part of what was intended to be an ongoing issue for Talia, but which (for various reasons) never actually got where it's going. But it's still an interesting look at what Vorlons are willing to do, as is the "predictable" ending, which is important less for what happens than for the fact that it's the Vorlons that do it.

"Believers"
The part with the raiders felt like random filler every 10 minutes, but it didn't detract from the overall quality.
That's more setup for later stuff, specifically the episode "Signs and Portents."

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote