View Single Post
Old September 1 2007, 07:30 PM   #124
Can
Commander

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Phily B said:
Watched three more episodes

"And the Sky Full of Stars"

I liked this episode a lot, mainly because it went into the background a lot more, which to me had been a bitch sketchy with only hints as to what had gone on. I'm not sure were they are going with the whole Minbari secret thing, but I'm looking forward to finding out more about it.

"Deathwalker"

I thought this one was ok, just had a really weak and predictable ending. It's still confusing to me why all the species on B5 have an ambassador, but Sinclair is a military man and acts as one? But I thought it was a decent episode, but the psychic part really annoyed me a bit. Like I said, the ending was horribly predictable (it was just a matter of how her ship was going to blow up)and a bit of a reset button.

"Believers"

Enjoyable episode I thought, it was a fairly standard episode about the question of ethics, as well as a clashing of beliefs but executed fairly well I thought. The ending was good, though I thought the Dr was a bit stupid if he didn't know what was going to happen to the kid, and it took him an hour or so to realise. The part with the raiders felt like random filler every 10 minutes, but it didn't detract from the overall quality.

Overall...

I don't really dig the whole psychic thing, it bores me and sort of confuses me, probably cause I'm wanting them to get back to the better stories. It seems like they might be building up to something bigger with them, since it was hinted in the episode with Psyhic Chekov and then an episode or two later with a shot of a newspaper article about the Psicorps in the government. I'm looking forward to finding more information out about the past, the war etc. Especially since it was revealed that they -let- the humans win, and now after Sinclair had been kidnapped? Weird.
Mimbari War mystery is suberp and has long term effects. And Psi-Corps element is first class in my opinion. It adds an unusual depth.

Waiting your comments for other episodes Phily B