View Single Post
Old June 11 2014, 12:05 PM   #152
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: Twelve Reasons I Love Star Trek Into Darkness

The Keeper wrote: View Post
He often allowed spats between McCoy and Spock to go on before, during and after the mission.
Never at the detriment of the mission.

BigJake wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Never seen him bullshit with other members of the crew about a Chess match on the way to the bridge to answer a potential distress call.
Never seen his crew simply ignore him when tried to set the priorities of a mission or task, more like. Because that wasn't something he would put up with.
Exactly.

Ovation wrote: View Post
BigJake wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Never seen him bullshit with other members of the crew about a Chess match on the way to the bridge to answer a potential distress call.
Never seen his crew simply ignore him when tried to set the priorities of a mission or task, more like. Because that wasn't something he would put up with.
Much earlier in his career. Still learning as he goes. (Why do people never seem to remember this?)
This is a valid point. The kid is green when it comes to experience. But as I stated above, I have more problems with Spock than Kirk. Kirk did voice his displeasure (although not loudly) Spock and Uhura just blew him off.

...again... the reason the military has rules that prohibit relationships such as this in the same chain of command.

And just how selfish and un-Star Fleet is Uhura's whine?

"At that volcano, you didn't give a thought to us. What it would do to me if you died, Spock. You didn't feel anything. You didn't care. And I'm not the only one who's upset with you. The Captain is, too."

Didn't she kiss him on the helmet and send him on his way? Don't Star Fleet Officers understand the risk?